Brands of Drinking Water

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 30, 2012

Are you noticing new brands of drinking water lately? I normally get Fresh and Easy's brand, but I'll get any brand really thats $2.99 for a 24-pk.

I noticed the new brands called Ice Canyon at CVS & eco2o. I like the taste of eco2o, which is at Walmart.

3. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 30, 2012

We have a water cooler now so I rarely buy bottled water anymore, but I will still grab a bottle of Evian now and then. Actually, when I haven't been drinking enough water, I will get a few large bottles of Evian because I will drink them much more willingly than other water.

Anyone remember the scene in the movie Troop Beverly Hills with Shelley Long where she is depressed and there are Evian bottles all over the room, and then her friend comes in and she says "Hand me another bottle of Evian." And her friend says "Don't you think you've had enough?" Yeah, that's me.

4. jen12

jen12 Devotee

Mar 30, 2012

I have a FB friend who is a sales rep for Kangen Water - whatever that is...all I know is that I've blocked him because every time I mention something workout related he tries to sell me on it.

5. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Mar 30, 2012

The one that makes me crack up is the Smart Water one.
    I look at people who drink it and I'm thinking, "Really? Do you feel any smarter just because you're drinking that?" I'd love to see someone with a water bottle with the words :lol:Stupid Water on it. It would make my day!
    Rebel1

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 30, 2012

I drink NJ tap...It tastes good...:)

7. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Mar 30, 2012

We also have a water cooler at home, so that's what we drink. I don't like buying too much bottled water because I hate the idea of producing so much waste in the form of plastic bottles.

I don't drink the tap water in the city I live in now because it has a strange, mineraly taste. I used to love the tap water in my hometown, though. I don't mind drinking tap water as long as it doesn't taste weird.

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 30, 2012

I bought some from Sam's and it tasted horrible. I took it back. It wasn't good enough to put in the cat's water fountain!

Usually we just use tap water we filter. I typically just get bottles for when we are traveling.

9. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 30, 2012

The tap water is fine where I live so I basically just drink that.

10. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Mar 30, 2012

Too much waste with bottled water. We filter tap. My latest fave is Mio water flavoring. NomNom.

11. Speechy

Speechy Comrade

Mar 30, 2012

I have a filter. As unhealthy as it sounds though, I really dislike water lol. I just have to have some flavor. I only drink it when I'm absolutely parched.

12. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Mar 30, 2012

I have a well.

13. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2012

I drink tap water. I will, however, buy a bottle of water... and just keep filling it up at the water fountain throughout the week.

When I lived in Gainesville, my parents hated the tap water - they said it was too mineral-y. I had to buy bottled water for them when they came to visit.

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2012

We drink tap water.

If we're out and want bottled water, I buy the house brand at the supermarket.

15. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Mar 31, 2012

I drink tap water--at home and at school. We have made a conscious decision to seriously limit the amount of bottled water we buy. If I do need to buy water, I get whatever is cheapest.

(In an effort to cut back on the number of disposable water bottles at school, we are selling aluminum bottles with a school logo).

16. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Mar 31, 2012

We just discovered a spring in my back yard. I'm costing $7000 to have it drained away from the house. :rolleyes: It was flooding my crawlspace. Maybe I should have had it tested and bottled. :p

Our tap water tastes like swimming pool water straight from the tap, so I run it in other containers and let it sit so the chlorine will dissipate.

17. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Mar 31, 2012

Growing up we had well water...I miss that. I even love well houses...just one of those childhood things. :)

Our tap water doesn't taste good and since all I drink is water, I have to filter it. Easy.

My husband, however, insists on buying bottles of water...it's something we've argued over. We recycle them, but it still kills me.

18. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Mar 31, 2012

We have a filter hooked up to our sink and fridge so we just drink that. I also like a flavor to my water so I usually add lemon or lime. I also have to have ice cubes in my water and drink it with a straw or I can't get it down as quickly.

19. TeachOn

TeachOn Habitué

Mar 31, 2012

The water at home tastes great: it's from a drilled well, like 600 feet deep.

The water in town at school comes...well...from the government, I guess. You know what that means. It's lousy, and probably expensive.

20. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 31, 2012

My well at my country house has too much iron in it so I have to filter it as well.

21. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Mar 31, 2012

We filter our well water. It tastes horrible unless it runs through the PUR filter. I filter everything we use for cooking.

22. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Mar 31, 2012

Speechy, try Mio flavor enhancer. It is awesome. (I'm the same way about plain water). http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/ The orange flavor is my favorite.

23. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Mar 31, 2012

We use ZeroWater filter that holds several glasses of water at once....I found it on Amazon. It sits on the counter and it takes out a lot of impurities...hence the name zero nothing but clean water left!
    I love it!

24. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Mar 31, 2012

Our tap water tastes like straight chlorine, too which is why we have the water cooler. My parents have a well and the water tastes much better but I know it's full of nitrites. (or nitrates?)

25. Kat53

Kat53 Devotee

Mar 31, 2012

My favorite bottled water is Figi, and I think I've convinced myself that it tastes better, but I refuse to pay that much for water. I do think it tastes cleaner than Aquafina, which I also drink. Aquafina has a chemically taste to me. Mostly I just drink tap water.

26. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Mar 31, 2012

I refill my water. Over time I bought 5-6 one gallon water bottles, and now just fill them up. There are water-refills from a machine at most grocery stores, it's 25 cents / gallon. It saves me so much money (25 c. / gallon, vs. 79 c or more for a tiny bottle) and I don't generate any more plastic waste. I've been doing this for over 15 years, of course I don't keep the bottles that long :)

27. bison

bison Habitué

Mar 31, 2012

I don't buy bottled water, other than a large pack for an earthquake kit. I think it's wasteful when you live in a place with good water. Filtered or straight tap for me. Bottled water also isn't regulated as strictly as tap water, so it's not necessarily cleaner. Some of it even comes from the municipal supply in different places. I use a nalgene bottle to take water to work or wherever else. Mine is huge, I need to get a smaller one.

28. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Mar 31, 2012

I second this! I have started drinking much more water after this. I also hate plain water.

29. EMonkey

EMonkey Connoisseur

Mar 31, 2012

Tap water from East Bay MUD! Which actually is quite fine water, no mud at all.

30. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Apr 1, 2012

Water straight from our well. I love our well water. I take empty milk jugs of our water to school. I don't like school water.

31. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Apr 1, 2012

I miss our well water from growing up. The tap water where I live now does not taste good, but I got one of those Camelbak bottles with the built-in filters last summer. I LOVE it--I don't have to remember to fill something up ahead of time, and it tastes better to me than the Brita pitcher I used to use.

I do occasionally buy the large jugs of water if I'll be having guests. When I do buy water, I buy spring water, not purified. Anything purified tastes too 'mineraly' to me.

32. Alesia

Alesia Companion

Apr 1, 2012

I drink tap water. I fill up my Nalgene when I go out, but if I forget it I get FIji.

33. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Apr 1, 2012

Believe me, if we didn't need water to stay alive, I would hardly drink it! But, I've learned to drink it plain w/o any flavorings. I've never drank tap water in my life. We'd get the large bottles of water from the store, then when the individual bottles started coming out yrs ago, we'd get that.

34. chemteach55

chemteach55 Connoisseur

Apr 1, 2012

You need to read the label on bottled water because some are simply bottled tap water. If I buy water then I look to make sure that it is spring water otherwise I just assumed drink tap water from our well.

35. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Apr 1, 2012

Is the water not safe to drink where you live?