Brain Pop

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Deeena, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Deeena

Deeena Cohort

Aug 25, 2008

I loved using Brain Pop last year to show examples of concepts we were learning in class. My students loved it too! The only problem was that my district does not subscribe, therefore, I had to make up new email accounts every time I wanted to access the free trial. I feel that I used the program enough last year to go ahead and pay for my own subscription. The only problem is that I'm trying to decide which subscription to buy and wanted to know if anyone knew if it makes a difference which one you buy. First, the family plan is only 99$ a year or you could do monthly payments of $9.99 for a year. There is the classroom subscription that is $195 (a little pricey for me) but it says that it allows access on up to 3 computers and is compatible with projectors, TVs, etc. Last year, I only showed the clips from my projector. So what I want to know is if I buy a family plan would I still be able to show clips from my projector? The family plan is more affordable for me, but I don't want to pay for something and have it not work in my classroom. If any of you are familiar with this and/or have purchased Brain Pop please let me know!

Thanks!

3. math_teacher

math_teacher Companion

Aug 26, 2008

I like BrainPop too...I'm not familiar with their purchase plans....BUT it would be my impression that if you bought the family one and it didnt work, you could upgrade to the classroom one for the difference in prices---why wouldn't they want more money?.......so my suggestion would be to buy the family plan and try it out!

4. shouts

shouts Companion

Aug 26, 2008

Yup... anything that can display on your computer will project. Sounds like a sales pitch only...

I bought the family option for discovery education videos, too - no way I'm paying school prices.