Brain Gym

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by teach_kids, Sep 23, 2009.

1. teach_kids

teach_kids Rookie

Sep 23, 2009

I am interested in starting to do Brain Gym in my classroom this year. Has anyone out there used it and have you seen any benifit from it?

I have been reading the Teacher Edition and it seems that many of these exercises are meant for 1 on 1. Have you used it with the whole class at the same time or broken them up into groups. I had thought that I would be able to do it as a whole group activity towards the end of circle time.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

3. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Sep 23, 2009

My district is training our PreK and K teachers in it during our next institute day on Oct. 9. I'm raelly excited to learn more about it, because, from what little i've seen, it looks fantastic. I know districts that use it whole-group... but i'll know more in a few weeks ;)

4. lafogosa

lafogosa Companion

Sep 23, 2009

We do some activities as a class, well, most..

cross crawls, hook-ups (pretzal), and a few other things...

5. teach_kids

teach_kids Rookie

Sep 24, 2009

Thanks clarnet73... I would love to hear more about it. It is something I have been hearing about for a while and I have also been talking to an OT about how much it helps.

Lafogosa, good to know that I can do most of them as a class... Just need to sit down with a book and see which ones and do those with the kids.

Any more info from anyone else is appreciated!