Boston Ma

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by blazer, Oct 23, 2016.

1. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Oct 23, 2016

Following an enjoyable day visit in September we have just booked a 7 day vacation there for next March. Wearrive on the 26th and there are three Bruins games on while we are there. They play Dallas on the 30th which is also my 60th birthday (which is why we have booked the vacation). So any Bostononians on here who fancy a beer with one of your former oppressors let me know. I'll happily stand you one in the Green Dragon (Other hostelries are available)!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 23, 2016

I've never been to Boston, MA, but I'd like to! Have fun.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 24, 2016

Man! That would be great! Especially since they play Dallas while you're there. Went to the Stars game over the weekend. Boston is a city on my bucket list to visit soon!

Hope you and ms. blazer have a great time!

5. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Jan 8, 2017

Just upping this thread as we are now planning our trip. Any local knowledge for things like attractions, shopping (For food as well and souvenirs). We are self catering and shall be staying in the Back Bay area.

6. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jan 8, 2017

We went a couple summers ago and I loved it! I don't know what the winter schedules are but the Boston free tours by foot were all amazing! We did a day trip to Salem and one to Lexington, which were also great. I loved seeing some famous authors' homes! http://www.freetoursbyfoot.com/boston-tours/

Have fun!

7. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Mar 19, 2017

One week to go. Planning is pretty well complete. Just need to pack enough warm clothing! Has the snow melted yet?

8. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Apr 3, 2017

Just got back. had a great time despite the snow! Took in 3 Bruins games and they won all three. Explored the city using the public transportation system which was excellent and great value. Took in The Sam Adams and Harpoon breweries, the science museum, the aquarium, the Prudential tower and the museum of Natural History at Harvard. Explored downtown and visited a fair few bars including the Green Dragon. Will definitely return.

dgpiaffeteach and Peregrin5 like this.
  9. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Apr 3, 2017

Boston has to be one of my favorite American cities. I love the history and the whole feel of it. I went over T-giving break a few years ago and had to deal with bone-chilling wind but it was worth it. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I will have to visit again as well.