Books for centers

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by LovetoteachPREK, Jul 26, 2011.

1. LovetoteachPREK

LovetoteachPREK Companion

Jul 26, 2011

I am trying to add a few books to each center in my classroom. I found some great books for the block center, art, writing and discovery center.

Now I'm trying to do the kitchen area and the play-doh/sensory table area. I am thinking books about cooking, families, eating, etc for the kitchen - but I would love some suggestions. The play-doh/sensory area I am drawing a complete blank. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

3. Nicole S.

Nicole S. Rookie

Jul 26, 2011

What about a cookbook or recipes for the kitchen area? Any books about food is what I put in the kitchen area/dramatic play area. I also put books that pertain to the subject we are currently studying in each area.

I currently don't put books in the sensory area, but what about letter cutters for the playdough area, or letter formation cards for the children to put playdough on.

Just some ideas...

4. zoey'smom

zoey'smom Cohort

Jul 26, 2011

How about books with simple shapes or ABC books? This way they can make shapes and letters with the playdough. I like the idea of having books in each center.

5. abcme

abcme Rookie

Jul 27, 2011

FOr the kitchen area, I was thinking the books "How Are You Peeling?" and "Dr. Pompo's Nose". If you aren't familiar with them, they are books of vegetables carved into characters!