book reports

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mykids1, Apr 17, 2008.

1. mykids1

mykids1 Rookie

Apr 17, 2008

Hi all,

Can anyone give me suggestions for a creative book report for poetry books? and what poetry books I should use? I would need this for 2-4th grades.

Thanks much!:help:

3. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Apr 26, 2008

We used Shel Silverstein one year, each kid chose a poem and read it before the class, some added props.

4. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Apr 26, 2008

I like to do a Reading Rainbow type poster - have them create their illustrations on scratch paper, then draw them on good paper to be cut out and added to the poster - gives it a 3-D effect.

I also love for them to do dioramas, and I think this could be done for poetry.

5. thenrobbiesaid

thenrobbiesaid Rookie

Apr 26, 2008

I would do a book commercial. If you search for this at the Scholastic website, I think they call them book advertisements. They call on the kids to make other students want to read their book (in this case, poetry). I won't go into specifics, but I've used these before and the kids love them because they get 100% ownership of the project and can use their creativity.

If it's for younger students (your second grade and third-grade classes) I might model a couple to show them how unique they can be.

Robert