book reports

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by juldo, Nov 7, 2006.

1. juldo

juldo Rookie

Nov 7, 2006

Hi, i am a new fourth grade teacher and I was wondering if anyone had any good book report ideas that they do. Or if anyone knows of any good sites about book reports. I am at a loss!

thanks.

3. goopp

goopp Devotee

Nov 7, 2006

This is a WONDERFUL 4th grade site...the link below is for the site...look under book projects and directions for some great book report ideas. Have fun exploring the rest of the site.

http://www.redmond.k12.or.us/mccall/renz/

4. IPinPa

IPinPa Rookie

Nov 7, 2006

I read about this somewhere but never had the opportunity to use it.
    Go to local grocery store and ask for paper bags. Have students write the Title and Author at the top of the bag \a summary in the middle of the bag and their opinion and recommendation at the bottom. Then... take bags back to store and when groceries are packed customers get a free book review.

5. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Nov 7, 2006

We just did one where the student shad to make a pop up scene from the book they read. They also had to make a poster as if it were a movie and they were advertising it, including who would play the characters, and where it was set. This was for a mystery book.

the next one we are doing is of course thanksgiving theme. They have to read a book about pilgrims, indians, or thanksgiving. they can either write a report OR do a story tree. Most think the story tree is really cool.