Book It Beginners

Discussion in 'Preschool' started by A_Pre-K_Teacher, Feb 25, 2009.

1. A_Pre-K_Teacher

A_Pre-K_Teacher Rookie

Feb 25, 2009

Do you use the poster for Book It Beginners? Does anybody do anything different? I feel like I don't have room this year to hang the poster on the wall without it looking so clustered. So just looking for others ideas.

3. Prekfreak

Prekfreak Rookie

Feb 26, 2009

I normally do the poster and whatever cutouts that come with it. But I don't have a lot of space this year either and so I am going to do the calendar to keep track of how many minutes I have read as a class total.

4. WaProvider

WaProvider Fanatic

Feb 27, 2009

I sometimes use posters from the past Book Its that run vertically-but this one is horizontal. We put it on the door to the bathroom usually.

We start out using the cutouts, but then we move on to sticky notes as we progress. I sent out the calendar where they color the picture of Charlie or Lola for the time they read, and sometimes I make a log for them to use "like big kids". That is about the extent of it. We have parent contact each day, in theory they should be taking a sticky note and writing a title on it and hanging it up. In reality-we read most of it in class.

5. sarzacsmom

sarzacsmom Groupie

Feb 28, 2009

i' jsut sending home phot copies of the cray on cut outs. I photcopied them on diffeerent colors of paper and I'm going to tape them on the p oster as they come in. I will fill one out everytime we read a book as a class too. Other times I've made a chart with each child's name on it and they get to color in one boxeverytime they bring in a cut out and we use it to talk about less and more etc. it also ats as an incentive for parents who don't read with theri kids because they see that their child hasno boxes colored in and thne they start to think "o, gee, maybe I should do this"

6. Dzenna

Dzenna Groupie

Feb 28, 2009

I didn't get my materials. I am going to photocopy the crayons and parent letter from the website if they don't come in Monday.

Last year, I put the poster on the bulletin board and started off with the characters on the poster then continued on to the entire bulletin board.

This year I think I am going to line the crayons up on the walls. Hopefully, we will surround the room.

7. forkids

forkids Cohort

Mar 1, 2009

I'm putting the poster in the hallway just outside our door.

8. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Mar 1, 2009

My poster has to go outside our classroom door too. I'm thinking of lining up the "crayons" to see who brings the most, LOL! And regarding the books we read...those "crayons" will be placed around the poster. :D

9. elliemay

elliemay Rookie

Mar 3, 2009

I don't have alot of extra wall space in my room either so I hung it up outside my door. I'll place the crayons around the poster, too.

10. PennStateCutie

PennStateCutie Companion

Mar 4, 2009

Outside the door is a good way to remind parents to keep reading at home, too!

11. A_Pre-K_Teacher

A_Pre-K_Teacher Rookie

Mar 4, 2009

Thanks

for all of your responses. I ended up taking down one of the bulletin displays and made it a reading board for now instead. I cut up part of the poster to use on it since it wouldn't fit very well.