Book display rack like Beth Newingham's!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by snickydog, Jul 11, 2008.

1. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Jul 11, 2008

Has anyone ever seen one of the racks Beth Newingham uses for her double-copy books for sale anywhere? Or do you have suggestions of where to ask for a donation of a used one?

Go to:
    http://hill.troy.k12.mi.us/staff/bnewingham/myweb3/

Click "Classroom Library", then "Click here to read more about how books are organized and leveled." Scroll down about 1/4 of the way.

3. Erin Elizabeth

Erin Elizabeth Groupie

Jul 11, 2008

If there is a store fixture/display store (that sounds weird) in your city that would be the first place I'd look. Or if you notice any stores going out of business, you could stop by and ask if they will sell you their display racks.

4. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Jul 11, 2008

It is a revolving rack, but I am thinking that Scholastic has a large, sit on the floor book rack, as well as smaller ones to sit on cabinents. You can use your bonus points to get those. Not sure if they still have the big rack, but they used to.

Checking for stores going out of business or moving is a great suggestion, too. Good luck-hope you can find one. :)

Just another quick thought...how about putting an ad in your newspaper. Maybe someone (business, church, library, retiring teacher) will have one they are wanting to get rid of. :)

5. JavaChic

JavaChic Rookie

Jul 16, 2008

I have something similar to that and I got them when a local teacher store went out of business. they sold them for $5 a piece.

6. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Jul 16, 2008

This past year I got two different sizes of the table top spin racks from Scholastic with Bonus points. I absolutely love them. It helps keep my Library Corner so much nicer and neater. One is for "chapter books" and the other is for "picture books", they are two level. and hold a good number of books.

7. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jul 16, 2008

Here is a link: http://www.displays2go.com/sub3.asp?ID=1512 I would look for places that are going out of business, they usually sell fixtures during the last week for cheap! I would also mention it to your local resale shops and leave a business card with them.

8. mstnteacherlady

mstnteacherlady Cohort

Jul 16, 2008

Are those really as cheap as they say? Hmmm...I'll have to look into those! Thanks for posting that link!