book contest

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by ABall, Apr 21, 2007.

1. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Apr 21, 2007

Does any one remember me mentioning that my kids were entering the local PBS book contest for K-3rd graders?

Today my daughter recieved a letter statingn honorable mention for her grade (3rd). She has been invited to our local second hand bookstore to recieve a prize on May 6th with her parents and TEACHER.;) We are so very proud of her.-------- I'm interested to find out if any other homeschool kids were selected.

Amy

3. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Apr 22, 2007

Oh thanks guys, if your very own kids did something great I would remember to congratulate them. Don't forget homeschool is school too!

PS: her book was called: How the sandwich escaped school, it was about 15 pages of creative thought out story line and illustrations.

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Apr 22, 2007

Hey I didn't see this thread yesterday SORRY!:eek:

That is awesome she won. Give her a big hug and a congratulations from me.

So she wrote her own book? That is pretty neat. Maybe I should do a book contest type this within my district. Will you explain the rules to me?

5. pamms

pamms Comrade

Apr 22, 2007

Congratulations! That is exciting! Don't you just love the creative stories kids can come up with? To be able to put them together, organize thoughts etc. is a reall talent.

6. ABall

ABall Fanatic

Apr 23, 2007

Thanks Jamie and Pamms, Sorry for my over reacting.

It was all apart of the reading rainbow young writers young illustrators contest, each town has their own website for thier station, if they are participating or not. Of course the kids bugged me about it since they saw it announced on TV. My other dd won an art contest for the space contest. Which entitled her to win a free tour of our air and space museum and we are finally going on that tour this thursday......... and it was my first time putting together a field trip for our homeschool group......... deeming harder than I thought.

7. JenL

JenL Comrade

Apr 23, 2007

Congrats! So exciting for young writers!