Book Adventures

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Kathy9, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Kathy9

Kathy9 Rookie

Feb 1, 2007

I have just set my class up on "Book Adventures". It is a online reading program similar to AR... where a student reads a book, takes an online test, and then gets points to spend.

I am trying to set up an incentive program and I am not sure exactly how many points should be awarded for each reward.

You can check out the website at www.bookadventure.com

Please let me know if you have used this program or have any suggestions. It looks really great! I introduced it to my students today, and hopefully it will be in full swing by Monday.

3. hernandoreading

hernandoreading Comrade

Feb 2, 2007

I've used Book Adventure with great success the last couple of years. Among the rewards I've offered are homework passes, extra computer time, and time in the "comfy corner." (It's a corner with beanbags & pillows where the kids can flop down & read.)

4. Kathy9

Kathy9 Rookie

Feb 2, 2007

Those are all really good ideas. I love the "Comfy corner"! I thought about using coupons from area businesses.... pizza, movies, etc. I just wasn't sure about how to go about getting them.

5. HannahB2

HannahB2 Companion

Feb 2, 2007

I'm not too familiar with the Book Adventures, but I suggest that for each book they read, test they pass, point they earn, or however that works, they could gain a "scoop" of ice cream. At the end of the year, have a ice cream party and they get that many scoops of ice cream! Make them little scoops or else the some kids would be on a sugar high!!

6. Kathy9

Kathy9 Rookie

Feb 3, 2007

Cute idea!! Thanks!