Boojee Beads (Beaded Lanyards)

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Ms.Jasztal, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 13, 2009

3. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2009

Those are beautiful--I may need to treat myself to an early birthday present!

4. hawkteacher

hawkteacher Comrade

Aug 13, 2009

I just bought the Icy White Boojee at my local teacher store. I think I only paid 13.50 for it there. I love it! I like that the white doesn't clash with anything. They're also break/away magnetic, but still really strong, which is nice. I'm a fan! It makes me happy to put on my ID now anyways :)

5. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2009

I have to start wearing one this year at my new job, so I got one with a zip cord, but the pin/clip part is really pretty with blue gems to make a flower. I like it. :) I just hope I remember to wear it every day.

6. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 13, 2009

I like the clip on ones from them, everyone from my school orders from them. If they break, they will replace them. I think you contact them and mail it back.

7. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 13, 2009

I know I will need to wear one everyday because we are getting a swipe card for the exterior doors at school. :) I think I am going to follow through with an order!

8. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Aug 13, 2009

I bought one there last year and I never wear it. I thought I would love it.

9. kacieann

kacieann Companion

Aug 13, 2009

I have one and I love it. I am required to wear it everyday. I keep it with my classroom key so I don't forget.:D

10. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 13, 2009

Aww.

I will have to wear mine daily, so hopefully I will wear mine if I purchase it.

Which ones have you all purchased? I want to know. I cannot make up my mind.

11. SnoopyTeacher

SnoopyTeacher Companion

Aug 13, 2009

Do you have a Drug Emporium? They sell them for $5 at the cosmetic counter in Little Rock, Arkansas.

12. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2009

Very nice!

13. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2009

I have several different boojee bead lanyards. It's fun to mix them up depending on the outfit I wear. I also have a brighton one that I wear quite often

14. yearroundteach

yearroundteach Companion

Aug 13, 2009

Those are really nice. I have a question about them for those of you who have owned one.... I have to have my keys attached to whatever lanyard I buy. I see that these have magnetic breakaways. Would this be strong enough to hold with keys on them or would it keep falling off? I have about 6 keys on my ring. Thanks for your help.

15. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2009

My first year of teaching I had a student and parent who made me 5-6 of them. It might be a lot cheaper to look at making one. I love the ones they made me-I get tons of compliments and people asking where I got them!

16. Mrs. R.

Mrs. R. Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2009

The magnets are really strong. I'll try it on my keys when I go to work in my classroom today and let you know!

17. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2009

I need mine for my keys as well.

Maybe I'll make a trip to Michael's today and see how much it would cost me to buy the materials to make one--(MrsC does crafts!)

18. Missy99

Missy99 Connoisseur

Aug 14, 2009

The mom of one of our teachers is retired, and she makes these for fun (and profit!). It's great when you can choose the colors and patterns.

Get crafty, MrsC!

19. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Aug 14, 2009

I had one of those. One day out of nowhere it broke and beads got everywhere. My AP also had one that broke. I have since gone back to the cloth lanyard that the school provides us with.

20. Jenstc2003

Jenstc2003 Companion

Aug 14, 2009

What a great idea *Goes to look at her bead box to see what she might be able to do.*

21. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2009

I like the eyeglass leashes as well.

MrsC- I've thought about making an eyeglass one...where do you think I'd get those rubber things that you put at the end of the leash that actually hold the glasses? Guess I could check the craft store. ;)

22. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 14, 2009

I'll take a look when I'm at Michael's and let you know if they have them there.

23. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Aug 14, 2009

Around here Office Max also sells these sort of lanyards, I don't remember how much they cost though.

24. mom2ohc

mom2ohc Habitué

Aug 14, 2009

those are soo pretty! I would like to make one, but I think it would be fun to either make my own, or have the kids in the class work together to bead me a strap to wear my ID, wouldn't that be cool? Or if not the students, my daughters!

25. Lynn K.

Lynn K. Habitué

Aug 14, 2009

I have two beaded ones, but I only ever wear my old-fashioned fabric one! I found the beads uncomfortable. Plus I like to put my service pins on it. I get my ten year pin this year!

26. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Aug 14, 2009

I have made myself several beaded lanyards because I am tall and most are too short. Cost would depend on the beads you use. I only use glass, but they can be heavy. Runs around $5-10, but you usually have lots of leftover beads. I often just make a necklace I like and clip my ID tag to the bottom of it. Works just fine. Also have made the glasses leash-you can get the little rubber thingies at any craft store and WalMart carries two sets in oack for $1.99. You can also make it with a large ring at the bottom to slip the ear piece of your glasses through(they will hang vertically, folded) and if you do that you can also use it as lanyard and just clip your tag to the ring. Not at the same time, but you could.

27. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Aug 14, 2009

I've never had to carry an ID around my neck, but I carry my keys on a lanyard. I have a great 'Girl Power' laynard from the Spice Girls days (no Spice Girls logo or reference, though ;) ). DH hates it and I retired it for about a month upon request, but I couldn't stand it. I could never find my keys in my bag, and I would drop them all the time. I finally got it out of the closet and it's back where it belongs-attached to my keys. I wear it around my neck if I'm shopping, or carrying a lot of stuff to the car. I really like these beaded ones. Maybe DH would like that better than the GP lanyard... Although the beads might hurt my hand if they slip through them with the heavy keys attached.

28. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Aug 17, 2009

Hallmark sells the boojee beads- but I didn't see too many the other day. There's one closer to me, though, that is a lot nicer.

29. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2009

Why on earth does he even have an opinion on your keychain preference? I have my keys on a university lanyard. I always used to lose my keys too. Sometimes I still manage, even with the lanyard, but it is bright orange and it gives me a fighting chance. :D

30. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2009

I'm going to see if our Hallmark here has them. I went to Michael's the other night to price out materials and, since I'm starting with nothing, it would have cost me over $50. to buy what I needed (of course, I'd have materials left over) and that's not in the budget right now.