Blogspot frustration

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Ruby731, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Ruby731

Ruby731 Rookie

Jul 10, 2008

I just set up a Blogspot account for my class. Now I am confused how to add my students as authors because it says they need a google e-mail. Should I be doing some thing different? Help please and thank you!

3. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jul 10, 2008

They should be able to just sign in under whatever email account that you used and do a new post that way. Usually when I click on "sign in" it doesn't even really sign me in like a login name and password. It goes on to the main set up page and I can post a new passage from there or go on to the blog if I want to see my page.

4. Calalilys

Calalilys Comrade

Jul 10, 2008

You could have a generic email and password for them to log in under, which would mean that all your students would be logged in under the same name and you wouldn't know who was postiing what unlesss they signed their name at the bottom. You could just have your blog set up so that they comment on things you post. Otherwise, your students would need to sign up for a gmail account. My district has come up with some deal with Google so that they all have a gmail account, which is why I'm going to use blogspot for their blogs this year.

5. Ruby731

Ruby731 Rookie

Jul 11, 2008

SpecialPreSkoo:

When your kids sign in under your login doesn't the computer view them as the administrator, meaning it doesn't let you approve the message before you post it because it thinks it IS you? I want to be able to approve what they post. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the responses!