bloggers

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by mrsnoble116, Aug 10, 2007.

1. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Aug 10, 2007

So I have a blog that I want to post a weekly question and have kids respond. This will be an optional thing they can do at home.

A new teacher at school was looking at my school website and blog (blogspot.com) and said he tried to find something wrong and he noticed that you can click “next blog” and it can bring you to some racy or questionable blogs.

So, my question is, would you keep it on blogspot.com and hope the kids don’t hit next blog and that their parents are supervising? Or, should I find a kid-safe blog?

I got this blog idea from a girl last year and she had no problems.

3. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 10, 2007

That happened to me the first time I used blogspot. I found some really straaaaange photos. Does your school district or an education service district (do you have those??) host a blog for you? Our ESD hosts one for the whole county to use, so each teacher can have one from there.

4. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Aug 10, 2007

Wow... I just tried that and 3 out of the 4 blogs were naughty... hmmm? I just started a blog on blogspot. I don't know yet if I will share it with parents. Now I am pretty sure I won't, just in case someone clicks next blog.

5. Bitsy Griffin

Bitsy Griffin Companion

Aug 10, 2007

There is a place to report racy blogs. The button says FLAG BLOG to report objectionable content. I have our entire staff on blogspot and tell them do that! Report any blog that is objectionable.

6. paperheart

paperheart Groupie

Aug 10, 2007

I have blogger. Here is what I found in their help section.

The Navbar appears on all freely-hosted Blog*Spot blogs, but can be disabled for users publishing via FTP. It is available in several colors, and is configured in the Template tab in Blogger's interface. If you are using a classic template, you'll see a menu from which you can select a color. For blogs using Layouts, just click the "edit" link on the Navbar page element.

Notes:

* Unless you publish your blog via FTP, the Navbar cannot be disabled.

7. mrsnoble116

mrsnoble116 Companion

Aug 12, 2007

thanks....I'll try to do it this way