Blogger question

Discussion in 'General Education' started by FarFromHome, Jul 31, 2013.

1. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2013

I'm wondering if anyone here uses Blogger for their classroom blog. My school recently switched over to this, and I'm looking for help adding sound files to the blog. (I put clips and whole songs for students to use for audition practice and to practice for ensembles.)

I used to be able to click on "add media" from my blog, and I could select my files from iTunes. Now I'm having a ton of trouble because sound files don't seem to be an option on Blogger. I was finally able to link to a file by uploading it on SoundCloud. I also tried adding them to Google Drive, but had more trouble with it. Both of these took a lot of steps. Are there any easier ways to add music? Thanks!!

3. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2013

There's no audio hosting on Blogger. You will have to upload to a hosting site, then write audio code in html to embed in your posts. Sorry :(

4. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2013

I thought that might be the case. Now it's going to take me a lot longer to update my blog, because audio is a huge part of what I post! Thank you for the response!!

5. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2013

I used to use www.playlist.com for my classroom blog. You just need to add the playlist in as a widget.

6. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 1, 2013

Thank you!!

7. Global Teacher

Global Teacher Companion

Aug 2, 2013

This is one of the reasons I always recommend paying for shared hosting and putting your own domains on WordPress.org. It's extremely versatile and lets you do just about any kind of website.

From what I've heard WordPress.com, the free version, is quite good as well. It might have fewer limitations than Blogger.