blindly following the leader...NOT

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by teacherforlife, Oct 17, 2008.

1. teacherforlife

teacherforlife Rookie

Oct 17, 2008

:help:What do you do when you are a teacher who does not just jump through hoops for a new program or method of teaching that comes along. I am at the age when I ask questions and want to learn as much as possible about new programs that are being implemented at my school. It doesn't mean that i am being negative. I just want to know all I can so that my students are getting what they need to learn. However my headteacher seems to think that those of us who are questioning some new plans for our school are being negative. She made a statement to me this afternoon that she is just going to keep coming into school with a positive attitude and praying for our school. She was implying that everyone else including me I guess is being negative. Why is it that if you want to discuss or question something you are automatically labelled by some as being difficult. She kept saying well it's going to law soon like I'd better get on board with it whether I like it or not. I am just so frustrated and need some advice as to how to handle this situation.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  3. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 19, 2008

I don't know but I empathize. Last year if anyone mentioned ANYTHING about the Reading Recovery Program they were automatically blasted and that blasting was supported by Admin. Most of the time we were just asking them to stick to their schedule so that it doesn't interfere with the other academic areas but nope...these teachers were allowed to rule the day if they wanted.