Blind Teacher

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by JustMe, Feb 3, 2010.

1. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 3, 2010

In the event you are unable to tell, I have sent you a private message. Thanks!

3. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Feb 3, 2010

Thanks for letting me know. For future reference, I can tell when I get PM's in my inbox. :)

I replied to your message.

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Feb 3, 2010

I haven't heard from you in a while! I admit my own reading and posting has been sporadic lately but it's nice to see you crop up!

5. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Feb 3, 2010

Thanks cutNglue. It took me awhile to adjust to my new computer technology. I'm comfortable enough with it now to post on forums, though.

Hope you're doing well. :)

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Feb 3, 2010

I'm under a lot of stress but what else is new. I'm getting more comfortable in my first year of teaching but then I decded to go crazy and add a practicum semester. I have to observe 100 hours on top of working full time. Then there is the bot where my child was just approved for an ed (behavior) program. That's a lot to come to grips with yet we are moving in a positive direction. Let's just say there is a lot going on at all times. I'm going to a kindergarten conference for two days next week though and I look forward to that. In the meantime, we have a snow storm approaching Friday. I would love to be happy about that one but I was supposed to help my son transition to a new school and I'm out of town next week so I can't do it on his actual first day. Yep, always something going on.

7. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Feb 3, 2010

I'm glad to hear you're headed in the right direction and getting more comfortable in your first year. That first year is tough! I hope things calm down for you soon so you can get a breather.

8. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Feb 3, 2010

Yes, I have noticed that blindteacher has not been posting much lately. I miss you, blindteacher. You have been so wonderful to answer all our questions about teaching and being blind.

9. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 3, 2010

Yes, hope all is well & we'll see you a little more often. :)

10. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Feb 4, 2010

Blindteacher, how's your body treating you these days?

11. blindteacher

blindteacher Cohort

Feb 4, 2010

My body has not been treating me well at all. :(

I am still in the midst of a terrible arthritis flare that has also aggravated my other conditions. I've also had some hearing loss. Luckily I am adjusting but am still trying to figure out how I will teach.

I'm glad I could answer your questions, Blue, now I am trying to find answers to my own! :lol:

Have to admit--kind of feels good to know I was missed. :p

Thank you all for asking how I'm doing. Let me know how you're doing too. :)