Black Friday

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by whizkid, Nov 27, 2019.

1. whizkid

whizkid Habitué

Nov 27, 2019

Do you participate in Black Friday?

If so, do you prefer in-store or online?

3. whizkid

whizkid Habitué

Nov 27, 2019

And what are your favorite stores to shop at on Black Friday?

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 27, 2019

I'm with you. Technology has its place in the classroom but it is not the be-all, end-all of successful instruction.

a2z likes this.
  5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 27, 2019

I’m a Black Friday shopper. I shop for myself. Never have an agenda. I just browse. My Christmas shopping is done. I shopped online.

6. whizkid

whizkid Habitué

Nov 27, 2019

I might just buy something online from Wal-Mart or Amazon. I can do without the crowds.

7. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 27, 2019

I got a huge Amazon box today. I had stuff for DH, Mom, one of the dogs, and DSS & his SO.

That just leaves stocking stuffers. We have stockings for four people and seven dogs.

8. whizkid

whizkid Habitué

Nov 28, 2019

I ended up getting a jacket and beanie hat during the early black Friday sale. Can't wait to see the madness on YouTube.

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Nov 28, 2019

This will be the first year in more than 30 years that I haven't shopped on black Friday. We are vacationing and won't be home for Christmas. Family members will be getting souvenirs from our travels instead!

futuremathsprof likes this.
  10. Tired Teacher

Tired Teacher Cohort

Nov 28, 2019

My family is weird..lol We quit buying gifts probably 15 yrs ago. The way we all looked at it is if we want something, we buy it.
    We used to find a family where I worked and pool our $ to make Christmas brighter for them. IDK why, but we stopped a couple of yrs ago.
    Every other yr though, my bro gives us all 1st class tickets to Hawaii because he can.
    All of our kids are grown and don't need or really want anything. ( That I could afford anyways. I'm sure my son would love a new plane, but I want to retire!! :) I still have to carry on the tradition with a couple of friends though and I can only find stuff for them online. I wish they'd want to just stop, but they like it still. No stores around here for Black Friday. ( 7 hr drive...not happening!)

futuremathsprof likes this.
  11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 28, 2019

My Christmas shopping is easy. DH and I don’t fret over each other. We do some stocking stuffers and maybe a small gift if we find something. We get whatever we want most of the time.

I bought him a coat earlier. I handed him the iPad and told him to pick out the coat he wanted. I bought Mom a weighted blanket. She’s sick and spends a lot of time in bed.

We are going to venture out tomorrow for groceries. Our fridge looks empty. It has been stuffed with thanksgiving food all week. Now there’s just some leftover pie.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 29, 2019

Give me online! I haven't needed anything for as long as I can remember. The last and pretty much only time I went out on BF was w/ my Mom just for fun to see & that was many yrs ago.

13. whizkid

whizkid Habitué

Dec 1, 2019

Anybody shopping on Cyber Monday? I think I might get one of those smart clocks.