Black Friday Shopping

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ima Teacher, Nov 27, 2015.

1. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Nov 27, 2015

Who went shopping today?

I started by myself about 7:00 this morning, met up with a friend later, and got home about 5:00.

I don't exchange gifts, so I was just shopping for myself. I got great deals on clothes, boots, a purse, and a set of Bluetooth headphones. Picked up some other random items, too.

No crazy crowds, and the traffic wasn't horrible until the end of the day.

3. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Nov 27, 2015

I started at 6:00 this morning and got home at 5:00. I should be done with all my Christmas shopping now!

4. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 27, 2015

I did some online while recuperating from the in law onslaught of thanksgiving.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Nov 27, 2015

I have only shopped online, but I'm just about done. I have to pick up some sticking stuffers but I didn't need to battle the crowds for that.

I did buy myself some outfits today, but they were half off. I couldn't help myself.

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 27, 2015

Not me! Stayed home & relaxed & worked.

7. ChildWhisperer

ChildWhisperer Groupie

Nov 27, 2015

Went to Binny's when they opened (9am) to get some Bourbon County (my man's favorite).
    Other than that, I got my Black Friday adventures done with when I was in college.
    Now, I'd rather sleep! :D

8. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Nov 27, 2015

Not me!
    I played with my daughter's new puppy, worked on a a baby quilt and ate lots of leftovers!

9. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Nov 28, 2015

Black Friday shopping has never appealed to me--unless it's online.

I found some amazing deals from GAP and Gymboree for my nephew. Additionally, my sister Facetimed my family on Thanksgiving (she lives on the other side of the country) to let us know that she's 4 months pregnant and expecting a baby boy in May. She hesitated telling us sooner because she had a miscarriage a few years ago and it was completely devastating. This time next year, I'll be shopping for two nephews instead of just one--which is totally exciting.

I don't have a huge list of people to buy for: mom, dad, granny, brother, sister, & nephew. My BF and I don't exchange gifts; instead, we take a big winter and summer vacation. In fact, we'll be at DisneyWorld in less than three weeks!!!

10. MLB711

MLB711 Comrade

Nov 28, 2015

I actually didn't see many deals I wanted to buy. I put in a kohls order online and picked up some decorations at the dollar tree and CVS. I think this was my first time ever Black Friday shopping.

11. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Dec 3, 2015

I've been working retail part time so Black Friday was a totally different experience for me. My store got busy around 10am and I didn't breathe until hours later. My customers were really patient, except one snooty one. Enjoy shopping everyone!

12. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Dec 3, 2015

Uggs boots for my sweet DIL for Christmas

A beautiful leather money clip/card case for DH.

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Dec 4, 2015

I didn't shop on Black Friday. I did go to a few stores for Small Business Saturday though. I like supporting the small stores in my town.

14. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Dec 4, 2015

I went out Thanksgiving night to Bath and Body Works. While I was in the shopping center, I stopped by Sephora cause I was almost out of makeup, but that wasn't on sale it was just to avoid having to get out the next day.

The next day we went and bought a new couch (it's being delivered today!) and my husband needed new shoes, so since they were 30% if you bought two pairs I got a pair, too. We also went to Old Navy and got him a new hoodie.

It used be that by Friday afternoon I was done shopping and had everything wrapped, but I'm just not feeling it this year. I'm going to be shopping last minute, it seems...