Birthday Bag

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by love2teach, Jul 7, 2008.

1. adellesmama

adellesmama Companion

Jul 8, 2008

I have the rest of the class sign a birthday card so that they have something special from their, and then I give the birthday kiddo a bday pencil and certificate. Give them too much and they don't seem to appreciate it much, so I say just give a little something special and sing them "Happy Birthday!"

I wish that our school didn't allow birthday treats because sometimes the parents bring it in at inopportune moments...I don't need kids all sugared up in the middle of the day! :p

2. annafish

annafish Companion

Jul 8, 2008

I do bags. I get most of the stuff from the dollar store. I put lollipop, and a bunch of little things from the $ store (bouncy ball, little journal book, maze-most of those things come in packs, so it keeps the cost down). I also put in 25 cent crayons, (for sale before school starts) which is great because students always need more crayons! I don't do a homework pass because I have summer birthdays just find it easier not to.

3. knitter63

knitter63 Groupie

Jul 9, 2008

I used to give out a huge candy bar to the birthday child, but I rarely got a thank you , so I cut it out. I now give a pen and a homework pass. My 5th graders seem to like this much better anyway. (and it is a lot cheaper on my budget too)

4. TeacherMJ

TeacherMJ Comrade

Jul 9, 2008

I love the idea of a Birthday Backpack. And the journals which all children contribute to can make for a great reading corner book during the rest of the year too...

Adding it to the list for when I get my own class :)