Biopsy

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by mrachelle87, Jun 24, 2011.

1. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jun 24, 2011

As most of you know I had a cancer scare last fall when I had a lump in my breast. Well, oops, I did it again. This time I have had two paps in the last two months. Today I had a biopsy of my uterine. The doctor promised to call me by next Friday with the results. Please say a prayer for me. :thanks:

3. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jun 24, 2011

Positive thoughts being sent your way. A week is a long time to wait, hugs to you.

4. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jun 24, 2011

mrachelle ~ sending prayers your way and praying you get good news on Friday

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 24, 2011

Lots and lots of prayers headed your way.

6. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jun 24, 2011

You're in my prayers, mrachelle.

7. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 24, 2011

Praying!!!!!!

8. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 24, 2011

I'll be thinking about you.

9. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 24, 2011

Hugs and prayers coming your way.

10. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jun 24, 2011

I want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I don't want to worry my mother, so I have kept it secret. In fact, I didn't even tell my husband until I was in the procedure. He had drove me to the hospital, but I didn't want to discuss it with anyone. As always, I can turn to my AtoZ friends and not worry about any of you tattling on me to my mom! :whistle:

11. msmullenjr

msmullenjr Devotee

Jun 24, 2011

I'm really sorry that you are going through this, and I am praying for you.

12. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2011

Hugs and prayers to you. I went through something similar several years ago - feel free to PM me if you want.

13. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Jun 25, 2011

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

14. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2011

Praying for you.

15. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2011

Adding more hugs and prayers, especially for as much peace as possible as you wait for news.

16. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 25, 2011

More hugs & prayers for you!!!
    I promise not to tell your mom ;)

17. cmw

cmw Groupie

Jun 25, 2011

:hugs:

18. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jun 26, 2011

I am in a lot of pain today. I also have a lot of blood and cramps. I feel bad today, but I have been through this before and I can beat it. I am not going to allow this to take me down.

Out of the blue last night I got a email from a student that I hadn't heard from in over 8 years. He just graduated and sent me a note to tell me he "will definately remember you as the best teacher ever. " Isn't it amazing when God allows someone to send you a message or say something just when you need it the most!

19. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jul 6, 2011

I talked to a nurse this morning. They don't think it is cancer, but there is abnormal cell growth. So more tests to come.

20. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 6, 2011

praying for you mrachelle ~ when will you have these tests?

21. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jul 6, 2011

Keep repeating that to yourself. And push for those tests ASAP so you can start sleeping at night.

22. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 1, 2011

Updated---new problems

They put me on cancer meds this morning. The pain is awful. They have decided that chances are good that the cancer "has a high probability of not returning" BUT..."we'll start treatment to help avoid it." I am not sure who the "we" is, I am the one in pain and taking the meds.

23. K1teach

K1teach Companion

Oct 1, 2011

I will keep you in my prayers as you start this new leg in your journey! Good luck!!

24. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Oct 1, 2011

I missed this thread this summer, but it's never too late for prayers. I hope the pain gets better and the treatment works exactly the way the doctors want it to....and even better than that.

Prayers for complete healing.....

25. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 1, 2011

Sending good thoughts your way.

26. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 1, 2011

I'm so sorry for all you're going through.

27. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Oct 1, 2011

I had missed this, as well. I hope you can gain strength from our support and best wishes.

28. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 2, 2011

Sending you :hugs:

29. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Oct 2, 2011

Keep it up!! That's great news. I'm sure it isn't fun, but great news nonetheless.

30. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 2, 2011

I guess it is how you look at it. I took the first treatment in June. Then they thought I was finished...but my body had different ideas, so they decided to do round two...this time they think the treatments will last 6 months. I am not looking forward to 6 months of this junk. The meds cause me to feel queasy and gives me cramps. My personal vote is to remove the uterus...but the doctors that I use don't like to do surgery because they feel that surgeries are an open invitation for it to spread. I just want to beat this and get it behind me.

31. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Oct 2, 2011

Praying for you! Here are a few verses I take comfort in in difficult times:
    1 Peter 1:7 (MSG)
    "Pure gold put in the fire comes out of it proved pure; genuine faith put through this suffering comes out proved genuine. When Jesus wraps this all up, it's your faith, not your gold, that God will have on display as evidence of his victory."
    Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
    "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
    I'm believing that God has great plans for you and that you will have an amazing testimony when this is all over with. In the meantime I'm praying!

32. MissAnt

MissAnt Comrade

Oct 2, 2011

My mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer when I was going into 10th grade, she was 34 at the time. She underwent a complete hysterectomy soon after being diagnosed. She has now been cancer free for 10 years.

My thoughts are with you during this time.

33. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 2, 2011

Day just got worse. I found blood in my urine tonight...I am scared at what this means. I am scared to death. I don't really have anyone to talk to...I have only told a few people; my husband, my boss, one co-worker, and an old boyfriend that I went to lunch with recently (and only because I became ill over the smell of the restaurant and had to ask him to go somewhere else to meet his wife for lunch) He promised not to say anything to anyone and he won't. He calls it "the thing your going to kick ass out of" problem. My husband is scared so he doesn't want to discuss it. And my co-worker only knows because I had an awful day and broke down on her. I told my boss in case I have to be out because of the treatment or because of surgery. So I guess you could say the only people I trust is my AtoZ family. Thanks for the prayers. Keep them coming.

34. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Oct 2, 2011

:hugs:

35. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Oct 2, 2011

We're here, mrachelle.

36. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Oct 3, 2011

Many hugs. We're here for you.

37. scmom

scmom Enthusiast

Oct 3, 2011

You may just have a bladder infection - I swear you can get them from stress - or medicine you may be taking. Call your doctor this morning.

I bet your insurance covers counseling or your doctor can recommend a support group for those going through what you are. Maybe you should consider that.

38. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Oct 3, 2011

I truly hope everything turns out well.

39. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Oct 3, 2011

My mom is a wonderful person, but she worries so much. Her brother-in-law is fighting cancer and my dad's brother has liver damage that is serious. My mom is a diabetic and stress makes it worse. I don't want her to be more stressed, so I haven't told anyone that might let it slip or get back to her. That means I haven't told anyone at work or in my family. My husband seems to think if you don't talk about it or acknowlege it, it will go away...kinda like a stray cat. My co-worker is wonderful, but she just wants to be positive and she is a fairly new teacher that I don't want to burden. My best friend is worse than my mother. She will demand I go to a million different doctors and seek out witch doctors (kidding) to heal me. My sister is taking care of her mother-in-law who has alzheimers. She has her own health problems. Really the only person I have been able to talk to is my ex-boyfriend...but I realize that this situation is not healthy. While neither one of us has any interest in each other, I don't want his wife to feel threatened and she isn't someone I feel close enough to talk with about it. So, while I have a great family and wonderful friends, I just bring myself to talk about it. Maybe because a little like my husband, I am thinking if I ignore it; it will go away!!!!!!!

40. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Oct 3, 2011

Call your local hosptals and ask about a support group. Most or all of the hospitals around here have one.

Or try here:http://www.networkofstrength.org/northeasternoklahoma/ even if the geography is wrong, they should be able to point you in a direction.

You NEED to speak to people who have been in your shoes. As much as the sympathy and prayers help tremendously, you need to speak to others who have experienced what you're going through.

When I was told I needed a mastectomy, my aunt insisted that I got a second opinon-- at a cousin's wedding, of all places. I pulled her aside in the ladie's room, and had her feel my breast. Once she felt the size of the lump, she agreed that of course the breast had to go. Of course, I couldn't do that with all the other people telling me things they thought they knew.

You're in my prayers. Feel free to PM anytime.

41. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Oct 3, 2011

many, many hugs mrachelle

praying for you