Biomes activity help?

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by scooter503, Sep 6, 2008.

1. scooter503

scooter503 Comrade

Sep 6, 2008

I have found a great website for my students (5th and 6th graders) to use that has lots of good information on the different biomes, animals found there, etc. I'm trying to think of a creative way for them to use/present the info they find. I have thought of doing a flip book...one page per biome. I was wondering if anyone else has any good suggestions? :help:

I posted this in the general ed. forum as well.

3. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Sep 7, 2008

What is the link for this website?

4. matchstickgirl

matchstickgirl Companion

Sep 7, 2008

Have you thought about splitting up the students into groups and having them research one biome and then present it? You could have them use the overhead with a premade outline in which they are to fill in. Then as they present, they can talk about the information and the rest of the students could write it down in perhaps a flip book of sorts.

Something I remember from when I was in school learning about biomes is that we picked one biome and recreated it. I remember I had the rainforest and made it on the wall of the classroom. I had trees and all sorts of animals found there. It was cool and so much fun to do. Perhaps your students could also recreate it somehow to show students what it looks like. I'm sure they'd have a blast with it. I know I did! :)

5. michelleann27

michelleann27 Cohort

Sep 7, 2008

You can have the students make a poster or a report on a Biome they choose or they can make a powerpoint. Mine love doing this.