Binding An Application Packet

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by ShoelessGal, Aug 2, 2012.

1. ShoelessGal

ShoelessGal Rookie

Aug 2, 2012

I've been snailmailing application packets out to schools. I've found that there are many papers to be sent. Do any of you bind the papers together somehow? I'd like to see how everyone else presents their materials...

3. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 2, 2012

If you are sending so many they can't be stapled, chances are you're sending too many.

All you really should be sending unless they ask specifically for more is your Cover Letter, Resume, and Certs. You could also make a website that shows more documents and include that some where in your packet. Or make an E-portfolio, burn it on a CD and include that. I did the CD's but felt it was a waste of time after.

4. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 2, 2012

When I was searching back in '03 and '04, I used to send a nice presentation folder with my name on the front cover, and my materials in the two pockets (resume, cover letter, reference letters, copies of certs, and unofficial transcript). I sent those to the districts I was most interested in and just snail mailed the resume, cover letter, and certs in a manilla envelope to the other districts.

5. teachersk

teachersk Connoisseur

Aug 2, 2012

I haven't seen many schools/districts that still accept paper applications... It's 2012!

I always do the online thing. I was big into the resume paper, special folders, etc. back in the day and was actually quite bummed when districts stopped accepting paper apps. Haha!

However, it did make my life easier :)

6. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Aug 2, 2012

I usually have a stack of 20-25 papers (all requested by district... the standard app alone is nearly 10 pages plus cover letter, resume, scores, letters of rec, clearances, certificate, transcripts, and some other things I'm forgetting) I stick 'em in a nice pile with my brochure on top and keep them together with a butterfly clip. Then it goes in one of those big mailing envelopes.

7. cheeryteacher

cheeryteacher Enthusiast

Aug 2, 2012

I never bound anything together, other than maybe stapling together the different pages of an application, etc.

8. AlwaysAttend

AlwaysAttend Fanatic

Aug 3, 2012

I've only had to fill out a paper application a few times. Mostly just CL, Resume, and Certs are requested. Occasionally they also ask for transcripts and recommendations.

9. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Aug 4, 2012

I've had one or two job apps where all they wanted was a resume/cover letter/cert (private schools mostly). Most though want a small forest of paper. I've never been called for an interview from an online only app. I told my mom that when I finally get a job I owe it to the environment to plant a few dozen trees.....

10. Rainbowbird

Rainbowbird Groupie

Aug 5, 2012

I have applied to a few districts who still want paper. They have asked for cover letter, resume, references, transcripts, and copy of cert. In some cases they have wanted a philosophy statement and a paper application filled out. I clip it together as some places ask for no staples, prob. because they have to take it apart to photocopy it. I mail it in a big manila envelope.