BIGGEST LOSER 2010

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherNY, Jan 2, 2010.

1. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 6, 2010

Did anyone see the REAL Biggest Loser last night? I cried like a baby! It was so inspirational. It just goes to show that these really nice people made some really bad choices with food!

2. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 6, 2010

SC~I write everything I eat down with the calories and how many calories I burned to see exactly how many calories I had that day. And I did see the real one last night. It's going to be a tough go around with as many heavy people they have.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 6, 2010

I'm watching it right now online. Wow! Can't wait to see how they do this season!

4. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 6, 2010

I could not believe that they sent those two families home right before they even had a chance t live at the ranch for even a week. I was glad they are giving them a second chance at home. But sending home the twin brother??? Could they not let them work out for 2 weeks to kick start their systems???? And BTW - the guy that won biggest loser last season has already put a bunch of weight back on. And he looked so amazing. it just goes to show that you have to make lifestyle changes. Ho hum. I better learn how to count calories right? I am going to make an effort. I just have to find some time to do the research.

5. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Jan 6, 2010

I haven't ever watched it. But, I work with a friend who told me that she has lost 100 punds twice! She said it is just so easy to put it back on. She hopes to do it again. And, with aging, it can be more difficult to lose. Plus, it can be more difficult to exercise with different issues! I enjoy walking, and still try to walk 4 miles daily, but it doesn't help my bunion!!:)

6. smalltowngal

Jan 6, 2010

SC~some of the winners and people who lost a lot of weight on BL have put it back on. In fact, one of the first winners put back on all his weight. He's going to come weight in at the end of this season.

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 6, 2010

That makes me really sad. I guess this is something that I may have to think about in the long haul. You guys are a big help. STG - Did you join the gym?

8. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 6, 2010

I thought that it was really cruel to send those teams home, too! First they make them all weigh in in front of those huge groups of people and then they're going to send them back right away, it just doesn't seem right. Hopefully having the chance to come back will motivate both teams to get on track, though.

9. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jan 6, 2010

I'm not doing good on this whole losing weight thing. I was doing so great but the past few days have been awful- diet and exercise is virtually nonexistent.

10. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 6, 2010

Yes, I hope they can do it. Went and did a search and a lot of the biggest loser contestants put back on weight. It is tough to live that life. But in reading, they are all making strides to lose the weight again. Let's all hold hands now and say a little prayer. It could be a lot worse.... It could be a lot worse. Let's hold each other up when we need it most.

11. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 6, 2010

Good news is.... There is always tomorrow. I did not go to the gym today. :( It was just so cold outside. Tomorrow, taking my clothes to school and I WILL go to the gym. I will!:blush:

12. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 6, 2010

Today has been my first big setback day. Several reasons, the main being that it's that time of the month, and I'm always STARVING then. Another is that with semester exams I am off schedule. Also, it is COLD here so I just want to keep eating! Tomorrow will be better!

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 6, 2010

I worked out with my exercise DVD for the 3rd time this week. My goal was 4 times per week but maybe I can make it to 5!!

14. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2010

OK, tonight might get tricky.

We have parent conferences after December's report cards. Anytime we have parent conferences, school provides dinner.

I'm not talking about sandwiches. The last time, it was a fabulous salad, ravioli, roast chicken with stuffing, a pork roast, mashed potatoes, veggies, rolls and 4 different pies for dessert. And in this cold, it all sounds so very tempting!!!

Wish me luck!

15. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 7, 2010

Luck!!

Last night was tough for me. Lauren had soccer training and we had to leave the house at 4:430 (I got home at 4:00). I took work to do with me while she trained and packed myself a wrap with turkey and low fat cheese and a big bag of raw veggies. As I was sitting in the lounge at the facility working away, everyone at the tables around me was eating big plates of fries and slices of pizza. I didn't give in!

16. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Jan 7, 2010

mrsC,

WELL DONE!!!!!!!
    It´s more COMPLICATED when you at not @ home, mmmmm....... And watching the rest of the people eating PIZZA, oh My God! It was like a "test" for your will.

Last night I had fish and veggies at home, I liked it.

17. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 7, 2010

We have a snow day - ice day today. Yea! No school for SC! No school for SC!

18. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2010

19. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jan 7, 2010

I've been facing challenges, too. When I'm at home, I'm fine. But, when I'm out with family and friends, I really struggle. Actually, I don't struggle - I just give in. Every time this happens, I figure I'm adding 3 or 4 days onto my weight loss schedule. I have 2 more outings I have to attend this week, then hopefully I'll be finished with social events for this month.

20. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 7, 2010

Set backs are a part of it. I think that talking about it and thinking about it and making a conscious decision to change your habits is a part of learning. Like you said, even the biggest losers have struggles and they KNOW what can happen to themselves. We just have to be a little better and make lifestyle changes!

21. smalltowngal

Jan 7, 2010

It's tough to understand that there will be setbacks when trying to lose weight. I've been doing really well this week eating well, but haven't been exercising. I'll start doing cardio 30 minutes a day. Its just so hard when dh is here.

22. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 7, 2010

STG - There are OTHER calories you can burn off while dh is home! Get busy girl!:)

23. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jan 7, 2010

So, I had lost some weight when I went on blood pressure medicine, but I just looked in the mirror and I swear it's all back, and then some. My poor husband had no clue why I was in room crying and throwing things. I hate working so hard after getting that little boost, and then being back at square one. We'll see what the scale says on Saturday. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because we are the only district in the state that has school tomorrow!

24. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Jan 7, 2010

MissCelia - You need a snow day. :) I hope that you get it. Have you seen the real biggest loser? Those guys step on the scale and it looks like they are the same size from week to week, and then whammo. They have lost 30 lbs. Don't worry, if you are working hard it will be worth all this effort. And just think, that tantruming probably cost you a few pounds!;)

25. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jan 7, 2010

Celia- I was in a terrible mood about my weight today to. The second I stop working out or watching every morsel I consume, the pounds just fly back on. I don't want to live my life like this for forever, im hoping eventually my body decides to like the new weight it is at.

26. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Jan 7, 2010

I'm sorry, MissCelia. The up and down feelings that go along with weight are exhausting sometimes.

27. smalltowngal

Jan 7, 2010

SC~yes, I know there are other calories..and I do walk alot in the school where I work going from here to there so I'm getting some exercise, just need to add in more cardio and start toning.

Celia~I had that day yesterday..nothing would fit and I just felt so fat. I had lost 5 lbs, but that's back on the body and it stinks!

28. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Jan 7, 2010

I was watching Dr. Oz the other day and he suggested eating the same thing everyday for breakfast and lunch that way you didn't have to juggle with calories, you'd always have enough of those foods on hand, and you could eat a little better for dinner. I'm having frozen blueberries w/Great Grains cereal and low fat yogurt for breakfast. Lunch, a roast beef sandwich with plenty of tomatoes, red onion, and a slice of avocado. I'm taking 1/4 of pistachios for a mid-day snack. Dinner.... something grilled, broiled, lots of fresh veggies, and I doing whatever I can to cut back on carbs.

10 pounds here, I'm only 5'2" so 10 pounds make my clothes uncomfortable. I moved the elliptical machine from the garage to a spare bedroom, and I've used it three times. I'm going to have to use it in order to lose weight.

29. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Jan 7, 2010

I don't think I could eat the same thing for breakfast every day! Sometimes I will for a week but that's about it before I get bored.

***Tomorrow is Friday so if you chose Friday as your weigh in day don't forget to let us know how you did tomorrow morning!!

30. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jan 7, 2010

I have a smoothie every morning. I just switch out the fruits. It's easy and I don't have to think about it. If I were to make breakfast, it will be pancakes and bacon or biscuits:D.

31. smalltowngal

Jan 7, 2010

Proud~I need to start making smoothies in the morning!

32. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2010

First weigh in--down 2 pounds this week! Next week, I really need to start getting some exercise in there; I haven't done well in that department.

About breakfast, I have 3 or 4 things I choose between--steel cut oats, cereal and fruit, whole wheat toast with homemade almond butter, scrambled egg whites and cheese. I eat breakfast early--around 6:00am, so I take some fruit or a hard-boiled egg to eat at school around 7:45 so that I can make it through the morning.

33. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jan 8, 2010

I have tea and 2 slices of peanut butter and bread.

That's it (aside from a cup of tea 1st period) until lunch 6th period-- just about noon.

And, like you Mrs C, I eat early-- about 6 am.

Congrats on starting your journey!!!

34. goopp

goopp Devotee

Jan 8, 2010

I had 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter this morning...then made the rest of the family (SNOW DAY!) pancakes. I didn't even think of eating any. I'm proud of myself. I have to celebrate the little things on this journey!

35. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Jan 8, 2010

I've lost 1.4 pounds this week. Not bad considering I had a pretty terrible week.

36. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Jan 8, 2010

I have to go out to eat tonight and Saturday, but I'll still count my calories till I hit the restaurants. At the restaurants, my intention is to order healthy and fat-free.

37. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Jan 8, 2010

Digging the stationary bike out of the garage. I saw that if you rode an hour a day at 13 miles an hour, you burned 600 calories. That is my goal. I am going to get up with my teenager when he goes to weightlifting every morning and workout at home. Then if I can get in an extra 10-15 minutes a night that would be frosting on the non-existent cupcake. I have also cut back on the Dr. Peppers. I am taking only one can with me each day instead of keeping my fridge at school stocked. I also have had salads with fresh vegetables with rotisserie chicken for lunch this week. Now if I can cut out the heavy meal at night...I have cut the portions down.

38. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Jan 8, 2010

Yummm - I love smoothies - What is your recipe that you use each day? I need quick and easy because I am definitely not a morning person. I don't want to have to think much in the morning. Lazy, I know! :rolleyes:

39. smalltowngal

Jan 8, 2010

mrach~I have to get back on my eliptical! I'm thinking of starting out at 30 minutes daily. That's my goal starting Monday, going to see if I can do it the full week.

40. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Jan 8, 2010

I worked out at the fitness center at the school today. I decided that elliptical machines were created by the devil! However, I did ride 10 miles on the stationary bike which makes up for the 1 mile I made on the elliptical.

I weigh in officially tomorrow, but I know I'm down a few pounds!