BIGGEST LOSER 2010

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherNY, Jan 2, 2010.

1. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Feb 7, 2010

I lost another pound. I really wish I could have exercised more but I think my cold is finally going away so hopefully I'll have more energy this week. Last night I did a 30 minute workout DVD and on the same DVD there was 17 minutes of Pilates workout so I did that too!! If it wasn't for that I don't think I would have lost that one measly pound :lol:

2. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

Just finished the "30 Day Shred"--I'll probably be too sore to do it again tomorrow, but I'm going to do it again tomorrow morning before work. I'll have to really get moving this week if I want to lose my 2 pounds--it was Lauren's birthday on Friday so we had birthday cake (and then the rest of the cake yesterday) and we're going out for her birthday dinner tonight. Guess it's salad for lunch.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Feb 7, 2010

I'm going to a birthday party today but I will try to skip the cake. I'll take one bite and if it's not the yummiest thing I've ever tasted then I won't eat the rest of it! Why waste the calories on a crummy cake LOLOL

4. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

I can't believe I'm down 1/2 pound - I expected to gain. I feel like I ate a lot (and a lot of sodium) this week, but I must have balanced it out with low calorie choices.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

I really should incorporate some sort of exercise-- I would see much better results!!!

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

Yeah--I'm right there, too! I keep saying I will start, but I have to really do it.

Although, in the past few weeks I've been bringing a salad for lunch and making a fruit smoothie for breakfast. I was at 140; now I'm down to 132.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

I'm in about the same place as you; down from 144 to 137 just by stopping the snacking and trying to make slightly better choices.

Large promises to diet and exercise have never worked for me in the past-- this just "cutting down" has worked much better.

And I think that, if winter ever ends, I'll be better about exercise, even if it's just a daily walk with the dog.

My next mini-goal is 135-- I would be thrilled to hit it next weekend. So I'm going to try to be especially good this week!!

Why don't you aim for 130 by next week and we'll cheer each other on??

8. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Feb 7, 2010

Sounds like a plan, Alice!

I think the biggest difference for me has been bringing my own lunches. I had gotten into a horrible habit of eating school lunch (which was always really good). Now that we have a different cook, it's not quite as tempting...

9. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

I'm down a lb for a total of 5 lbs since I started. Current weight is: 140 Goal weight is: 125 but my next mini goal is 135 by the end of Feb.

Alice~I was never good watching what I eat or counting calories so exercising is the best thing I can do. I have noticed that I've been eating better BECAUSE I've started exercising...don't want the exercise to go to waste.

10. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

I do OK with the school lunches; I always get the chicken Caesar salad. While the dressing isn't low cal, it's still a lot better than a sandwich.

But I've been bringing in the Weight Watchers or Lean Cuisine meals, whichever is on sale.

11. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

Eating better has alays been the easier part for me--although it is sometimes all too easy to fall into old habits. I've cut out most processed foods, added sugar, and anything with artificial sweeteners. I'm also trying to eat fewer carbs and more protein and am making more organic choices. I need to make changes to the way I eat by eating healthier. I'm fed up with the yo-yo and need to make easy changes that I can keep up.

I don't enjoy exercise, never have, but know that I need to in order to become the healthier person I want to be.

12. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 7, 2010

Just came back from the gym. I didn't go yesterday...let my DH talk me out of it. I wanted to skip today, I was so tired, but I made myself go. It's amazing how good I feel when I'm done. I'm glad I went, now off to the grocery store!

13. smalltowngal

Feb 7, 2010

I totally understand how you feel. There have been a couple of times where I've just wanted to skip but made myself go and I was so glad that I went because I felt so much better afterwards.

14. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 8, 2010

I'm making great strides, I haven't weighed in three weeks and will probably wait until the end of this month before I weigh. I've been up 15 minutes earlier almost every morning to work 30 minutes on the elliptical machine. It's been really good for me, I have a lot more energy. I don't think I've lost much weight at all I just want to feel stronger

Girls, just keep on keeping on!

15. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Feb 8, 2010

*ahem*

16. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 8, 2010

Hoot...we have to be careful, I already learned my lesson...girls and guys, just keep on keeping on!

17. monsieurteacher

Feb 8, 2010

:thanks:

18. smalltowngal

Feb 8, 2010

Had a great workout tonight! I hope to see some loss on Wed when I weight in. Tomorrow is the Turbo Kick class that seriously will kick your butt!

19. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 8, 2010

I don't know if I could handle a Turbo Kick class...I rode 16 miles on the recumbent bike today, in about 60 minutes. Exhausted but feeling good! Came home and made stir fry veggies and shrimp over brown rice. It was delish!! I'm looking forward to my weigh in on Wednesday, and I usually hate weigh in day!

20. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 8, 2010

I'm soooo sore tonight after my workout yesterday--I've gotten progressively more stiff as the day went on. Today got completely away from me--home from work for 10 minutes before I had to leave to be the soccer chauffeur and now off to bed because I'll be out the door at 6:00am tomorrow to be the snow-boarding chauffeur!

21. smalltowngal

Feb 8, 2010

MrsC~glad the workout yesterday worked!

22. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Feb 8, 2010

I worked out for an hour tonight at my aunts class. I kind of went overboard today. A student brought in a bag of chocolate. I hid them from myself on a higher shelf so I don't have a repeat tomorrow. I get excited for every weigh in. I've been doing this lifestyle change (refuse to call it a 'diet') for a month now, and have seen results every week on the scale. I really think I am going to be able to keep going! My incentive is to lose as much as possible before June. There is a possible trip to Cancun in the works!

23. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Feb 8, 2010

I had given up on this for a while because first my Curves closed and then my knee went out on me. Walking up and down the stairs has been agonizing, so I haven't been able to get started on any exercise regimen. Thankfully, Ohio State has an amazing Sports Medicine department. The head of the department (with room full of students) diagnosed my soft cartilage and is starting me on physical therapy on Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be able to find a cheap martial arts class once I get a clean bill of health!

24. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 10, 2010

Not my best weigh in, only down .2 lbs...but it's that time of the month, so at least I can be happy I didn't gain. Hopefully next week will show my actual loss for this week plus some for next, without all this water weight included in. Down 11.2 in 5 weeks, so not all bad.

25. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Feb 10, 2010

THis snow day is making me want to eat everything in my house...Bored! I better get on the Wii Fit and burn some calories...I dont know if anyone else uses it but its the worst...if you gain weight it like yelss at you...and even if you loose weight it will say...last time you weighed in at night, since its the morning now it really isnt a true measure, come back and weigh in again later tonight! I was cracking up, I cant believe how "smart" it is.

26. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Feb 10, 2010

My Wii tells me I weigh ~7 pounds less than I really do. I like my Wii :)

but it also tells me I have gained, when I have lost, but I figure its due to the time of day I usually do my Wii.

27. smalltowngal

Feb 10, 2010

I'll weight in next week officially, but will weight in tomorrow morning to gauge where I'm at. I hope to be down at least another lb. I feel that I'm making strides, at least I'm starting to see slight changes in my body (If not the scale) so I'm at least getting muscle mass which means the weight should start coming off.

28. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Feb 10, 2010

Just checked how many calories were in my favorite sugar free cappuccino...140 per 8 oz. Considering I usually get the 20 oz cup....I apparently can't get that anymore! That's 350 calories on a morning beverage! Grrr

29. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 10, 2010

Congrats to all who have been successful!!!

I've still not weighed... it's been three weeks and I've spent 30 minutes a day on the elliptical. I don't think I've lost a pound. I'm afraid I'm getting too much sodium. I don't really add a lot of salt but I read on the diet Jello box that it had a lot of sodium in it and I've eaten about 1 cup a day with diet cool whip. Oh me, what to do, what to do.

30. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 12, 2010

True confession time-- blizzard and the 2 snow days knocked me right off the wagon. When I wasn't shoveling snow I was pretty much eating us out of house and home.

I'm back on track today, but there's no way I'm meeting this week's goal; I'll be thrilled to death if I haven't gained back TOO much.

Ah, well, such is life.

31. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 12, 2010

Down one pound this week--better than I thought after a couple of days of birthday cake, a birthday dinner and pizza for dinner last night (I was just too tired to even think of cooking). We have a big staff pot-luck lunch today, so it will be back on track after that.

32. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 12, 2010

My desk is piled high with chocolate and cookies from my students. I'm having a hard time...can't wait to get home and give it all to my kids!

33. smalltowngal

Feb 12, 2010

I've eaten bad the past couple of days and the only exercise I've managed is playing in the snow (though my arms and legs are still sore from the playing yesterday). I'll be back on the wagon exercise wise on Monday.

34. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Feb 12, 2010

Tough weekend for dieting...:) I lost a pound, and resisted all the goodies at school. I will indulge later-the Dove chocolates look so good....I'll leave the rest wrapped!

35. monsieurteacher

Feb 12, 2010

Down 2.2... Thank goodness I didn't have too many students bring junk in... I've still overindulged, but it was mostly on little stuff..

36. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Feb 12, 2010

STG... Don't you LOVE the snow. I am loving every minute! (Even when we lost power overnight.) But everything is on and the weather is beautiful. Snow does make everything look so beautiful!:rolleyes:

37. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 12, 2010

I gave the chocolate to my kids but I couldn't help eating 2 of the homemade chocolate chip cookies. I couldn't go to the gym today because we got 3 inches of snow in 4 hours(I know it's nothing to most of you, but that's a lot in GA). I'll have to work it all off this weekend if this melts!!!

38. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Feb 13, 2010

This Week: 4 pounds
    Total: 20.5 pounds!

I've reached a mini-goal! I haven't been the weight I am since I graduated high school (which, while being a little sad, is amazing!)

39. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 13, 2010

Congratulations! 20.5 pounds is quite an accomplishment.

40. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Feb 13, 2010

Down 1.2 pounds. Whoohooo