BIGGEST LOSER 2010

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherNY, Jan 2, 2010.

1. hatima

hatima Devotee

Feb 1, 2010

I've started to work out and use the wii fit plus program. I find I can do an hour on average. I haven't worked out in over a week, this online class is draining. But, today at work someone said it looks like I've lost weight! I'm happy. I know last time I weighed in on the wii I had lost almost 2 pounds. But between the loss and gain about all I have lost is 4. It is soo slow. My target is to get from 162 (my current wight) to 125 by June. I just got an exercize bike, so I hope that helps.

I like the wii because I don't feel stressed or self conseous like I do at a gym. Also it keeps track of my BMI, it has gone down almost everytime. My weight is down less than my BMI, sort of, it is down about 3 points. Which really makes me happy. It was VERY high and now its halfway in the obese range. I'm working out because I'm scared of what problems I could have in the future health wise, without the weight loss. I don't want being obese to be a key factor in the genetic issues I'm at risk for.

2. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 1, 2010

I got onto the treadmill as soon as I got home today--another couple of km under my belt. I have a heel spur, though, and the walking sometimes aggravates it. It's throbbing right now; hopefully some rest and ice will help a bit. I can't let it get the better of me and give me an excuse to not do some exercise.

3. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Feb 1, 2010

I just got home from my aunts work out class. She is a personal trainer. I am going to start going to that on mondays and thursdays. I also bought that elliptical today! only $75! Way pumped about that!

4. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 1, 2010

Keep on keeping on!! Heel spurs hurt, maybe you should wrap it tonight?

I've been on my elipitical two weeks straight in a row, I've not weighted yet. I do feel a lot better and have so much more energy. I'm faithfully logging my caloric intake on myfitnesspal.com which keeps me honest and not snacking in between meals.

5. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Feb 1, 2010

Oh it's so nice to get a compliment!!!

It's easier to lose now than it will be in five years. Keep your foot to the fire!

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 1, 2010

I didn't think I'd make it to the gym today because I wasn't feeling well. But I forced myself to go and was going to do a light workout but I ended up running more than I ever have and did some weights with legs and abs. It's week 3 of me exercising so I'm hoping to start seeing some weight loss this weight in.

7. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Feb 2, 2010

I´m in the maintenance phase and it´s as dificult as the previous one.
    and... as the weather is unbearable cause of the non stopping hot, working out implies mucho more sacrifice, grrrr.........

8. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2010

I've maintained a 35 pound weight loss for 3 or 4 years. I know it's tough sometimes, but I've found that it didn't take a grueling workout schedule to maintain - as long as I watched my food intake. My advice is to ease up on yourself so you don't burn out. This is a lifestyle change, and you can't spend a lifetime pushing so hard.

Congratulations for reaching your maintenance weight. I hope to be at mine in a few months.

9. fast chalk

fast chalk Comrade

Feb 2, 2010

special t,
    My workout schedule consists of Pilates classes three times a week (55minutes). If the weather is not unbearable I go for 1 hour walk , usually my eldest daughter comes w me and we talk a lot. Like 2 birds w 1 shot! You know, she is a pre teen, so communication is a "Must".

I´m controlling the size of the portions and eating a very little snack between meals.

Thanks so much for your advice. Hope you achieve your goal soon!!!!!!!!

10. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 3, 2010

Down 5 lbs. this week!!! 11 lbs. since January 6th. All that work at the gym and counting calories has been worth it.

11. smalltowngal

Feb 3, 2010

Yay, goopp!!! I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost anything either. I think I'm gaining some muscle though and that's what's accounting for the no loss.

12. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Feb 3, 2010

I made the mistake of hopping on the scale this evening, after eating all day and guzzling my water down. Plus its 'that time'. The scale says I gained 4 pounds since saturday, and while I did eat 1/2 a donut, I really don't think thats the case! lol So I worked out, and will weigh in again on Saturday!

13. smalltowngal

Feb 3, 2010

I always try to weight in in the mornings before eating anything. I'm down 1/2 a lb so that's good!

14. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Feb 3, 2010

Get discouraged

This morning when I hopped on the scale I was up a 1/2 pound! It's just discouraging when I've worked out almost every day and watched what I've been eating meticulously. I'm telling myself I've most likely gained muscle, but it still stinks to see it go up. I had been losing about 3 pounds a week and while my weigh-in isn't until Saturday, I still think this stinks! :unsure:

15. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Feb 4, 2010

Keep at it Iowa Teacher... 1/2 pound is nothing in the grand scheme of things... 3 pounds a week is great! Sometimes you just start to hit that plateau that you just need to keep pushing through. It's hard work but it's worth it!

I thought two weeks ago that I had reached my plateau when I was only down half a pound... last week I managed to lose 3 pounds, and then this week (though I haven't done my official weigh-in at the school yet) I seem to have lost around 5 pounds. Just keep pushing through Iowa, you can do this!

Then the only thing you have to get discouraged about is the fact that you have to buy new clothes!

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 4, 2010

New clothes is the expensive part, but the nice part. I haven't lost that much (about 10 pounds--weigh in is tomorrow), but I have already put 3 pairs of pants into the donation pile.

17. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Feb 4, 2010

That's awesome, Mrs. C! Congratulations :) I, personally, will find it very hard to part with my clothes. Not only do I love them, but I mya be cut to half time next year and can't afford to go buy new ones!

18. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 4, 2010

I'm getting ready to take some pants to the alteration shop. I figure that it is cheaper to have them altered than buy new ones every time I drop a size.

19. Special-t

Special-t Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2010

I made the mistake of giving away all my thin clothes when I was 35 pounds heavier. I just didn't think I'd ever have the will power to diet back down to my normal weight.

I've purchased just enough things to get by at 135 pounds - I've been at this weight for about 3 years now - but I'll have to buy new stuff when I reach my target weight of 125. I don't want to spend the money, but I can't wait to shop.

20. futureteach21

futureteach21 Habitué

Feb 4, 2010

Okay guys, I'm jumping back on this thread. I stopped dieting for a few weeks, but now I have to get back to it. I managed to only gain about 2 or 3 pounds back over the last couple weeks, so my goal is now to lose 20 pounds to be down to 145. I'm writing down everything I eat and aiming to spend time exercising every day. Unfortunately, this is week is that time of the month so I'm not feeling 100 percent, but I'm still doing my best!

21. smalltowngal

Feb 4, 2010

Iowa~push through! As dfleming said, you must likely hit a plateau and you just have to keep at it. Even people on the Biggest Loser hit that time once in awhile.

MrsC~yeah, I'm not looking forward to buying extra clothes when I lose the way, but I have a friend that is losing weight as well and she's been giving me all her old pants that she can't fit into anymore. I told her I'd take them so she wouldn't have anything to fall back on if she gained weight.

I'm down another 1/2 lb for a total of 1 lb this week. I'm hoping by next weight in on Wed to be down another 2. It's going to be a late night tonight before I get to the gym because I have after school tutoring until 6, but then I MUST make myself go to the gym because I didn't go yesterday. Don't know whether I want to do treadmill or bike. I haven't done the bike yet so I might try that tonight. Sit down for awhile!

22. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 4, 2010

I have gained and lost so many times in the past several years that I have clothes in almost every size so I won't need to buy anything new for awhile. I am, however, looking forward to buying some great jeans and a fabulous outfit for the grade 8 graduation this year when I reach my goal.

23. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Feb 5, 2010

Weigh-in day today--another 2 pounds down for a total loss of 11 pounds!

24. smalltowngal

Feb 5, 2010

YAY, MrsC.

25. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Feb 5, 2010

Down .6!! I knew the last 5 would take awhile.....

26. smalltowngal

Feb 5, 2010

At least it's down and not up, DLC!!

27. Mrs.DLC

Mrs.DLC Comrade

Feb 6, 2010

So true, STG!!:) Every little bit helps....just hoping I don't binge with Valentine's Day coming up....several students have already said they know I love chocolate!! They are so sweet and giving! Moderation........

28. KLSSwimmer

KLSSwimmer Habitué

Feb 6, 2010

Weigh-in day - loss of 4.2 pounds

Total loss - 9.4 pounds!

Whoo hooo!

29. smalltowngal

Feb 6, 2010

That's great, KS!!

I've had to switch gears for a few days since I hurt my foot. Instead of doing classes yesterday or jogging on the treadmill, I had to do the stationary bike and did some weights.

30. lnm130

lnm130 Companion

Feb 6, 2010

Well, regardless of it being that time, I still lost 1.5lbs! My total loss for the last month is 10.5 pounds! Now i get to treat myself with my Chanel nailpolish!

31. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 6, 2010

I am so impressed with how well everyone is doing! Keep it up girls!!

32. smalltowngal

Feb 6, 2010

YAY lnm! That's great!

33. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Feb 6, 2010

Way to go everyone!! I'll be weighing myself tomorrow morning. I hope I'm down at least a pound but I've had an annoying cold this week and had no energy to exercise. I went to the mall today to try on some clothes. There were a few pairs of jeans that were nice but I thought to myself, heck the smaller size ALMOST fits...why buy the bigger size? So i'm waiting a few more weeks so I can buy the smaller size!!

34. Iowa_Teacher

Iowa_Teacher Rookie

Feb 6, 2010

This week: 3
    Overall Total: 16.5

I'm hoping to hit 20 next weigh-in. I think that would be a real boost!

35. monsieurteacher

Feb 6, 2010

*ahem*

36. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2010

...and guys!!

37. goopp

goopp Devotee

Feb 6, 2010

Thanks aliceacc...couldn't get back quick enough to add that. Sorry to all the guys out there!!!

38. monsieurteacher

Feb 6, 2010

:lol: No problem.

39. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Feb 7, 2010

OK, so this week Kira's birthday put me into kind of a holding pattern: I'm down only half a pound to 137.

Back on the wagon today.

40. monsieurteacher

Feb 7, 2010

That's great Alice! Half a pound is better than gaining... especially with a birthday in there. Keep it up! (Or perhaps keep it down?)