Biggest Loser: 2008-2009 School Year Edition

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by catnfiddle, Sep 2, 2008.

1. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 2, 2008

We talked about officially starting a new topic for this, so here it is! Now, how do we start this thing? :confused:

3. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Sep 2, 2008

Weigh in?:eek:

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 2, 2008

Let's weigh in tomorrow, if that is okay with everyone, and every Wednesday.

5. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Sep 2, 2008

I was thinking the same thing. I would rather get a "first thing in the morning before I have eaten my way through the kitchen" weight. :whistle:

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Sep 2, 2008

Sounds good! I'm in and will weigh in tomorrow...though not a good week for me to start because I should be starting my period any day. Of course, I've been stressed lately so I might end up missing it this month.

7. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 2, 2008

That gives me another incentive to get to the gym since I don't have a scale here. I DID make it there this morning and had a nice chat with my trainer about restarting. YAY!

8. smalltowngal

Sep 2, 2008

That's the first step!! Did you make it onto any of the equipment? :D My only problem is that I don't have enough money to get a gym membership right now so its all on my own. I was doing really good running. Maybe with some motivation then I'll go....and if anyone sees me on AtoZ around 630pm then MAKE me get off and run!! :haha:

9. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Sep 2, 2008

I'm in... my big ol' hind-end will appreciate it, I am sure. :lol:

10. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 2, 2008

Okay - I'm in! I will weigh in tomorrow as well....:eek:

11. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 2, 2008

Don't worry about the first weigh-in. You have nowhere to go but DOWN!!! :haha:

12. smalltowngal

Sep 2, 2008

So I should eat my ice cream tonight? :eek:

13. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 2, 2008

Have the ice cream, just lower the portion a little and avoid just sacking out on the couch. Is it a nice night to go for a walk?

And yes, I did actually make it onto the equipment this morning, silly! :rolleyes:

14. smalltowngal

Sep 2, 2008

:clap: catnfiddle!! Hopefully I can be that motivated!

No walking tonight, scattered showers.

15. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Sep 2, 2008

Fine I am in, but I don't like the idea.

I did just read today one easy way to speed up your metabolism, just stand all day. Your body works twice as hard to keep you up! Of course walking helps.....lol

So does this mean I actually have to follow doctors orders and not drink any soda at all????? I have been forbidden to drink it, yet here I am with a Pepsi in my hand.......

I'll weigh in tomorrow, I might even consider using the accurate scale.......

16. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 2, 2008

:lol:

17. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 2, 2008

I don't know if I can STAY this motivated without some help.

18. smalltowngal

Sep 2, 2008

That's what we're here for!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  19. corps2005

corps2005 Cohort

Sep 3, 2008

official weigh in

Alrightie, my official weigh in is 130 pounds. I would have done it yesterday, but we had open house, and I didn't get home until 8:30. Couple that with the severe allergies I have and my broken, incessant coughing, and my chipmunk voice, and we all know I went straight to bed. :p

I don't plan any exercise today, but I have a personal training session tomorrow. I think he's going to go light on me since I'm still sick. :p Woot!

Breakfast
    1 package of dates/walnuts outmeal with an serving of walnuts and raisins mixed in. 1 glass of water (I'm not allowed to drink of juice or milk right now because of allergies....hmmm, I don't think I was supposed to eat the walnuts now that I think of it.) >< ><

Lunch
    1 sandwich (low calorie white bread, 1 turkey piece, 1 ham/cheese piece/ mustard), 1 green pepper

Snack
    Orange/ Yogurt

Dinner
    ??? Unknown yet, but I know I"m going to have a small cup of sweet tea. Is a small cup of sweet tea so bad? Or can I give myself that?

I hope everyone has a great day! Let's lose some weight ladies and gents!

20. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Sep 3, 2008

OK, I weighed in. 265.:eek: Goal weight, 200. That will bring me down to a size 13/14. (I carry a lot of weight numerically; always have. Yes, this is me making excuses out of embarrassment over a stupid number I will shut up now.)

21. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Sep 3, 2008

I weighed 204.6 this morning. My goal is between 145-155. I'll weigh in each Wednesday.

22. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Sep 3, 2008

Well, I forgot to weigh in. It's hard to remember that at 5 a.m.! I'll try again tomorrow.

23. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 3, 2008

I'll weigh in later today when I go to the gym.

24. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 3, 2008

ACK! I weighed in at 149, 4 pounds more than I thought! My goal weight is about 125, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. I'll have to start looking through my old LA Weight Loss cookbooks pretty soon.

25. dbelmo

dbelmo Rookie

Sep 3, 2008

Ok, I am joining everyone here.
    my weigh in was this morning at 198, medically I need to lose 65-70 pounds based on my height. I don't think that is feasible so my goal is 50 pounds. But I am trying ot aim for 10 pound increments so I do not get discouraged.

Thanks for the support.

dbelmo

26. smalltowngal

Sep 3, 2008

Weigh in: 140 (up 5 lbs from when I first started this :eek:).
    Goal weight: 120-125

Today we were in a place where we couldn't leave until we were done and didn't eat before we got there, didn't get lunch, so ate a ham/cheese sandwich w/ mayo, and chips and a DP (not starting out good!).

27. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 3, 2008

Weighed in at 180. Goal is between 130-135 which is good for me with my height/bones...So yeah I have A LOT of work for me as well and it is my TOM which started today as well.

28. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Sep 3, 2008

137 for me ... want to be 125.

Ran yesterday with the dog, too sore today to think about running tonight.

Ate school lunch today: chili, spinach, carrots, carrot cake

Dinner tonight: chips with verde salsa

I know, I know ...

29. catnfiddle

catnfiddle Moderator

Sep 3, 2008

Don't feel bad. DH made jamalaya tonight for dinner. Not exactly healthy! I need to drink some hot lemon water to counteract all the salt in my system.

I'll see if I can start putting in some recipes left over from my LA Weight Loss days.

30. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Sep 3, 2008

I want to join!

I just found this thread...so...I didn't start until...now...lol

CW: 155
    GW: 135 or below

current size...tight 8 ;)

31. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 3, 2008

Okay, I don't have a scale, so I'm taking a slightly differen approach--I am in a size 13/14 and I want to be in one digit sizes again, so 9...even 10 would be okay. So that's how I'm basing my progress; on my clothes. However, I'm probably abouty 180-185 lbs. Judging from past experience when I hit my goal I'll be about 145-150 lbs.

Today was the first day I really started paying attention and I did well. I'm focusing on my diet, mainly eating smaller portions more often, drinking more water and avoiding too many unhealthy choices--small manageable changes to start. I've learned from past experience that they add up and make a huge difference quickly.

32. smalltowngal

Sep 3, 2008

frogger-I just started as well.

33. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 3, 2008

Kind of makes it hard especially on top of that today was curriculum night so I didn't get home until 7pm after being gone since 6:30 this morning. So of course I was too exhausted too exercise today - I am hoping to get to bed early, get a good night's rest and exercise tomorrow. :)

34. wldywall

wldywall Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2008

Well I guess I have the most work ahead of me....... sigh.....

Today I weighed in at 194 (on the inaccurate scale, maybe it was high today, maybe it was low.....the accurate one hates me, says I am too fat to get a body fat percent)

I need to be, based on height/bone structure to be about 110-120. I think that is stupid and won't go that low. I think 130-140 would be good. I am a 18 to 16 (depending on maker) I would like to be an 8, but a 12 will be fine.

Maybe this time I will lose more than three pounds, that is all I have lost since I gained all this weight (40 lbs in one month!!!) 10 years ago. Have my 20th reunion coming next year and this fomer 98 lb weakling isnt' going to the reunion 100 lbs heavier!!!!!!!!!!

35. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 3, 2008

The charts for ideal weight are always wrong IMO and expect women to be unhealthy 'rakes'. That's why I like to use my mirror and clothes more than my scale--it's more realistic.

It's funny how we all carry weight differently. I am only 5'2" but weight (probably) about 185 lbs, yet I wear a size 13 which doesn't sound so bad, since you'd think I would be a much bigger size if you consider my weight. When I was 145 lbs, I was a size 8-10...again, seems heavy, but looked fine despite the high number in weight. I'm a solid build (Dutch descent), so I carry it well as long as it's not overly excessive, which it is beginning to be at the moment.

36. I_love_turtles

I_love_turtles Rookie

Sep 3, 2008

I'm glad someone started this. I need some outside motivation because I don't really get a lot at home. My DH loves me no matter what I look or feel like. :wub:
    We started school 4 weeks ago. I was 250 (YIKES!). Our portables are 1/8 mile from the office so I am walking an extra mile a day and eating less because I'm not sitting at home. Despite that, I gained 5 pounds the first 2 weeks. DH was sweet and said that muscle weighs more than fat. Anyway, as of this morning I am down to 245. Goal weight should be around 150, but I'd be happy with 200 since I can't even remember the last time I weighed that little. :eek:

37. TemperanceFaith

TemperanceFaith Comrade

Sep 3, 2008

OK, everyone yell at me now. I had a bad day so I am self medicating with peanut M&Ms. I know it is wrong, but I can't help it. It's a small bag, so at least it isn't by the handful.:eek:

38. CanadianTeacher

CanadianTeacher Groupie

Sep 3, 2008

For those insane moments...

One trick someone I know used was to post a picture on the fridge of a girl with a really great figure. Everytime you reach for food, you will be reminded of what you are trying to achieve. I suppose it could work if you post a picture of a really horrible figure too--to remind you of what you don't want...

39. smalltowngal

Sep 3, 2008

CanadianTeacher-I've done this in the bathroom. I have a picture of Drew Barrymore!

40. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 4, 2008

I should take a pic of myself then...:lol:

41. frogger

frogger Devotee

Sep 4, 2008

I am half Dutch as well or Fresian is what my dad points out to me (it is a group in The Netherlands though). I think I kind of carry it well because my mom and those who know my weight are shocked that it is that high because I don't look it and look like I weigh about 150 - but not well enough in my opinion especially after pics are taken - and my school id - I think I look bloated and puffy but besides the vanity of it all I want to be healthy and feel better as a whole.