Big Brother

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Andrea L, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 26, 2011

I wonder if they'll show the Shelly/Jeff disagreement Sunday.

Rachael crying was all about putting the attn on her. I am sure Jordan was crying because she was disappointed in herself for not winning the HOH that rid Jeff.

Adam is the only male left!

2. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Aug 26, 2011

I don't understand why Adam is on this show. He hasn't done anything. He doesn't have the guts to make a decision on his own. And Rachel would stick around before Jordan if I was playing. Jordan could win, NO one but Brendon would vote for Rachel. But Adam isn't smart enough to understand any of that.

3. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Aug 28, 2011

Wa wa wa Rachael! That sad face is like a 2 year old.

Jordan needs to quit it a bit too. Shelly did lie and Jordan did give her that phone call, but it's a game! Of course there is going to be some talking and lying. Jeff took Porshe off but not for her...to backdoor Dani! He had no deal with her. He balmed her for not talking game with him for 49 days...well, he could have talked to her too.

Porshe is sitting pretty...for now.

Adam is just doing whatever HOH wants but it's working.

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Aug 29, 2011

Jeff's downfall was getting too full of himself. Yes, it's ironic that the newbies are in power, especially when some of them just coasted, but they were forced into some of that by the setup of the season. Still, I'm not fond of Porsche, Kalia, or Adam. They are really boring and not very likable. And Shelly is just annoying. I hate her voice.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2011

I missed last night due to no power from hurricane!

6. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 29, 2011

It was a good one! Be sure to catch it online.

7. nstructor

nstructor Cohort

Aug 29, 2011

I was SO aggravated-the first 1/2 of the show was just showing all that happened on the previous show!!!! Then with Rachel crying-I could hardly take it!

I bet Adam, who has done nothing and follows whoever he thinks is strong, will end up winning it all!!!!!!

8. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Sep 1, 2011

How do you think they pick the veto competitions and hoh comps? Do you think they were already planned out? Or, for instance, the veto....do you think they choose the comp based on who is on the block and what kind of "drama" could be created by taking one off the block?

I tend to think that they go by who is on the block. If not, Rachel got very lucky last night bc that veto comp was made for her!

9. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 3, 2011

I too think the competitions are rigged.
    The clown shoe one was geared for Jeff but he blew it by tossing one out.

Rachael should win this donut one.

10. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 4, 2011

Yes, I believe it's rigged, also. It would get boring very quickly if all the vets had gone and there was no up and down in terms of power.

11. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 5, 2011

Just thinking...if Adam wins the POV and uses it, Rachael would have to put up Jordan. Although I like Jordan lots, she is sure to go.
    I think this would be a smart move for Porshe, Kalia, and Adam. Next week Rachael could not win HOH so...they could put her on the block and have a good chance to leave.

12. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 5, 2011

Adam won't do it. He's a much more passive player.

Who is everyone wanting to see in the final 2? Who do you want to win? Who do you want to win America's Choice? Who do you think will actually get those things?

I'm actually cheering for Rachel, which completely shocks me. I never liked her before but she has grown on me a lot this season. I'd like to see either Adam or Jordan in the F2 with her. I'd like for either Adam, Jeff, or Jordan to win America's Choice.

13. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Sep 7, 2011

I agree with you. Adam should use it, but he won't. Way too wanting to make the vets happy happy.

I think Rachel will end up winning, and Jordan will get second place.

I think America's choice is going to be Dani.

14. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 7, 2011

I just don't know about Dani winning AC. She was one of my favorites going into the game this year but that quickly changed for me. She's just SUCH a whiner and sometimes her humor seems very mean-spirited. I really have no idea who might win AC this year, but I'll be happy if it's not Brendon, Kalia, or Porsche. I'd like to see Adam win it, and I'll be voting for him I've decided.

15. mrachelle87

mrachelle87 Fanatic

Sep 8, 2011

Adam is the worse player in Big Brother history...I can't stand him...but nothing surprised me last night...now that he is HoH, he will have to make someone mad...SHOCKER!

16. MissJill

MissJill Cohort

Sep 8, 2011

I don't think Dani will win AC. I think it will be Jeff, Jordan, or Rachel (surprisingly enough).

I cannot believe what is about to happen tonight. UGH.

17. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 8, 2011

Hoping he nominates Rachael and Jordan...but guesiing he will nominate one newbie and one vet. UHHHH!!!!

AC...my vote is Cassie because Rachael will be jealous. But I doubt she'll win.

18. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 8, 2011

It doesn't matter too much who he nominates. The one who wins Veto is the one who holds all the power. For anyone interested in knowing that info ahead of time, the Veto was played yesterday and the results are all over the internet. (I'm very unhappy about the results of the Veto....Bah.)

19. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 9, 2011

Geeesh Adam. He could have easily had Rachael out too.

20. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Sep 10, 2011

I know! I love Jordan, but the chances of her winning final HOH weren't great. It would have been "safer" to get rid of Rachel.

21. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Sep 10, 2011

I think they weren't worried about who would win final HOH, they were worried about who would get all the Jury votes. They know Jordan is well liked so they might have a better chance winning against Rachel. In my opinion, Adam & Porche should have went to the final 2, then take their chances on who would get the most votes. It could've been: Adam's votes (Jeff, Shelly, Jordan)----Porche's votes (Kalia, Rachel, Brendon, Danielle).

22. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 10, 2011

The last part of the HOH comp is always questions/trivia, right? If Porsche competes, she loses. If Adam competes, he might win, since he's really good at BB trivia. If Rach competes, she might win. So depending on who competes in the final HOH, I am almost 100% certain that either Rachel or Adam would win.

Rach would be wise to take Adam to the F2 because I don't think he would receive any jury votes. If she takes Porsche I think that she (Rach) still wins, but it might be closer. If Daniele votes for Rach, and I think she will because she values big moves and strong gameplay, then Rach wins because she'll have Brendon, Jeff, Jordan, Dani, and Kalia.

I think Rach wins if she makes it to F2. If the F2 is Adam/Porsche, not only will I be super irritated, but also Porsche wins. I don't want her to win. She is gross, icky, mean-spirited, spiteful, and I think she smells bad from never taking showers and wearing the same clothes over and over again. I don't think she did anything particularly good in the game that deserves a win.

I don't think it's possible for Adam to win this game. The only way he has a chance is to make a very compelling argument to the jury, but I don't know that he's skilled enough to do that.

23. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 11, 2011

I agree...Adam has little chance of winning. He just never was a leader in the game and always followed the hoh.

24. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 11, 2011

I think that the strategy of being a follower or a floater is a good strategy for some people, and I don't think that's Adam's problem. I think Adam's problem is the other two people left in the game, either of whom will win the jury votes if they're sitting next to Adam in the end.

25. Catcherman22

Catcherman22 Companion

Sep 11, 2011

I actually think Adam wins against Porsche... it'll all depend on whether Rachel and Brendon are full of BS or actually believe in the non floater philosophy.

If Brendon and Rachel are full of BS.. they will vote for Adam because of his loyalty. That gives Adam 4 votes (with Jeff and Jordon) and the win.

If Rachel makes the final 2, she should win easily.

26. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Sep 12, 2011

I am kind of peeved at the moment....went on facebook and someone who I am not friends with posted on a friends status. My friend had posted the question "Ok, ya'll...Who won?" speaking of the debate for the GOP. A friend of hers apparently thought she was talking big brother and spilled the beans on who won the two first parts of the hoh competition.

I had no control over not reading it since it was on my news feed. GRRRRR!!! I didn't want to know that info and it is not llike I DVR'd it and was waiting to watch it after everyone else watched it!

27. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Sep 12, 2011

of course there are bigger problems in life than Big Brother! Lol

28. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2011

Did I miss something? BB wasn't on last night because of football right? or did it come on at a different time?

29. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 12, 2011

It didn't come on, but the first part of HOH has already been played. Anyone who reads the BB forums online knows who won. It was lousy of 1st-year's friend to spill the beans without a warning.

30. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Sep 12, 2011

Oh ok! I used to read the forums but I haven't this season much at all. I checked my Tivo and didn't see it so I wasn't sure if I missed an ep.

Thanks!

31. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 15, 2011

Who was America's player?

32. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Sep 15, 2011

Rabbitt--it was Jeff.

33. 1st-yr-teacher

1st-yr-teacher Comrade

Sep 15, 2011

so who is happy that rachel won? I am. I actually liked her after brenden left...

34. Catcherman22

Catcherman22 Companion

Sep 15, 2011

I am glad Rachel won.. she definitly deserved it over the other two.

I was worried though going in when Adam told Porsche he was voting for her.... I was not expecting Shelly to vote for Rachel.

35. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 16, 2011

There wasn't an America's Player this year. If you're asking about America's Choice, it was Jeff.

36. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Sep 16, 2011

I was happy Rachel won. She and Brendon will put it to good use as they begin their life as a married couple. Good for them.

37. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 17, 2011

Yes, I meant America's Choice. Thanks...I'm glad Jeff won.

I'm not thrilled that Rachael won. I think she'll put the money towards something like hair extentions or botox or wedding dress or something that's just all about her. I'm hoping she uses it for the honeymoon, or a home.

At the half way point, I didn't have a favorite to win. At first I like Cassie then Shelly...and I always liked Jeff and Jordyn too. But in the end, I just didn't root for anyone.

I wonder if there wioll be another show next year??

38. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Sep 17, 2011

Maybe next season the HOH should have to nominate 3 and the veto MUST take one off. I'm pretty sure though and most not nominated would not want to win the veto then. Maybe just the 3 play? Just an idea...

39. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Sep 17, 2011

BB has been picked up for a 14th season, I've heard.

I think that there should be some changes to the show.

First, get rid of the haves and have-nots. I have said this every season since the season they started doing it. It doesn't add any value to the show and just makes people sleepy and lethargic. Along with this, get rid of the slop altogether. They can go back to PB & J if they want, or maybe even do a food comp every week where they have to compete for particular food items/groups. They do a couple of comps like that every season anyway, so it's nothing new.

Second, if they're going to keep the procedure for nominations and veto the same, they need to offer some sort of incentive for using the veto. Right now it only ever gets used if the veto winner was nominated, and that gets very boring and predictable. Add a $10k incentive for using it, and I think we'll see people using it more, thus creating a little more drama and excitement. An alternative is to force the veto holder to use it, no matter what.

Next, change the way nominations are made. Instead of HOH making both nominations, have one or both of the noms be decided automatically during the HOH comp--first one (or possibly the first and second ones) out gets nommed. The HOH can choose the other nom if only one is automatically nominated. I don't care too much either way, but I do think that there needs to be a sort of "penalty nom" situation for people who throw comps. Comp-throwing is a valid strategy, but when it's happening over and over and over again, and when it's happening during endurance comps that are supposed to last hours but end up lasting 20 or 30 minutes, it's so boring to watch. Make the HGs work for it at least a little bit by telling them that they're going to be nominated for eviction if they don't step it up and at least hang in there until one or two people have dropped. (The HOH would lose some power with this new change, but would still have the power to make replacement noms after veto if the veto gets used. I think it would also be okay to add in some special prizes like gift cards or vacations or TVs or something to the HOH winner upon winning HOH.)

Finally, give the HGs more to do. Give them a puppy, some activities they can do for charity (like make PB & J sandwiches for the homeless or something), have a very large fruit and veg garden and stop giving the HGs so much processed food (they certainly have the time to make meals from scratch), whatever. But they need something to do! Watching BBAD is excruciating sometimes--all they do is sleep and play pool.