Big Brother 8...are you ready for another season?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by frodolass, Jun 12, 2007.

1. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 12, 2007

Just read an interesting article. The live feeds from the Big Brother House will be telecast on ShoToo (one of the Showtime channels) from midnight to 3:00 AM every day.

From Variety (http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117966623.html?categoryid=14&cs=1):

"Big Brother: After Dark" will feature a live, unedited feed from the "Big Brother" house. Skein will run three hours nightly from midnight until 3 a.m. ET/PT on ShoToo, Showtime's widely available companion net."

That's going to be kind of cool! I've heard all kinds of rumors about the new season. One of the biggest is that high school bullies and their victims will be in the house. I hope that's not true. It's probably not, you know how the rumors start to fly each season.

3. mojo

mojo Rookie

Jun 12, 2007

I can't wait for Big Brother to start!! That show is my summer release and have watched it since the first season. I'll be anxious to see what they come up with this year!?!:)

4. akbeck98

akbeck98 Companion

Jun 12, 2007

Oh yeah! I can't wait!

5. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Jun 12, 2007

I am getting excited for it to start!! :) Can't wait to see what happens this year!

6. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 12, 2007

It's a terrible, trashy show.......and I can't stop watching it :eek:

7. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 13, 2007

It's my naughty little secret :D

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2007

YAY!

I love Big Brother! I always check out Morty's TV and Joker's Update for the latest dish about what's going on inside the house.

9. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 13, 2007

I'm FrodoLass over at Joker's also.

10. mojo

mojo Rookie

Jun 13, 2007

What is this Morty's TV and Joker's update? -please fill me in:) :thanks:

11. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 13, 2007

I don't visit Morty's TV, but at jokersupdates.com, you can get live feed updates and find out what's going on in the Big Brother house as it happens instead of having to wait for the television broadcast. They have a Big Brother media forum where they post clips and pictures of the live feeds. They also have forums where people discuss the houseguests, etc. Additionally, there are forums for other reality shows, non-reality shows, and general discussion. It's a blast.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2007

When does it start???

13. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 13, 2007

I think July 5th or thereabouts. I've only seen one commercial on TV so far, but I'm sure more are coming.

14. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2007

Usually we get bombarded with the ads. I don't usually see much TV in the summer, but I do like to watch this from time to time!!

15. teacherbell

teacherbell Cohort

Jun 14, 2007

I love this show! It is such a guilty pleasure for me. I can't wait for it to start.

16. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

Wow! Pictures of the new house have been released and it looks to be an Alice in Wonderland/fairy tale theme! Check it out.

Link to House Pictures

One more week, yay!

17. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 27, 2007

I love Big Brother but hae never told anyone I watch it! :) It is so funny how people love it but don't really talk about it the way they do the others! Kind of like reading the National Enquirer or something!

Drew is still one of my favorites along with that crazy blond girl--I can't think of her name Janey or something like that.

18. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 27, 2007

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to see what happens this year. Oh the drama :)

19. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jun 27, 2007

The house looks very cool. I would be ok in the small bedroom. I'm only 5 feet tall so a 5 foot bed would work for me! :D Is it just me or is the pool shaped like a rubber duck?

20. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 27, 2007

Me too, LOL. Did you notice the eensy little door to enter the room.

21. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Jun 27, 2007

I've never watched it...... Can you tell me what it's about?

22. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jun 27, 2007

Frizzle, you got to give it a try when it comes on!!
    Basically, the show is about a house full of strangers who live in this house (I know this is sounding a bit like the Real World, but its not), anyway, they live in this house with no t.v, no radio, no phone,no connection to the outside world whatsoever!!!! All they have are themselves to interact with, which makes things crazy!! But what happens is every week, they have a competition and the winner becomes HOH, Head of Household. Head of Household nominates 2 nominees to be on the "chopping block" to be voted off. The fun comes in after the 2 nominees are nominated because they stab each other in the backs, turn on each other, basically do whatever they need to do to win votes and stay in the house. NOW...the nominees do have a chance to win POV or "The Golden Power of Veto". If they win the Golden Power of Veto, which is the option to take themselves off the block, then the HOH has to put up someone else, which gets everyone mad at each other & the fights begin!!! OMG, I can go on and on, I am a HUGE Big Brother fan!!! All my friends call me to remind me to set my TiVo around this time of year. And they know not to call me on Tuesdays & Saturday nights.
    So, Frizzle, it comes on twice a week. On Tuesdays, the competitions begin and the HOH is awarded. All week long they try to get their enemies nominated and on Saturday you find out who wins POV. Oh, I think it comes on Thursdays too!!! That's how great this show is. I am a bit ashamed to admit I love it, but watch it and keep me updated on whether you get hooked or not.:) :D

23. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jun 28, 2007

Oh, did I tell you that's where the term "Showmance" came from!!! A "showmance" is a romance on reality t.v that isn't real. This show has alot of "showmances" which makes it more interesting to see how people allow themselves to be played by someone who uses them to win the game. It happens every year!! I can't wait to see who gets into a "showmance" this year!!

24. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 28, 2007

Eeeeeew! Janelle! I couldn't stand her on either season. I was more a fan of the nerd herd like Maggie and that short firefighter. Howie was just a big jerk. I remember thinking that he'd be funny, but he just turned out to be mean.

25. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 28, 2007

26. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 28, 2007

How do you know who'll you'll like and dislike? Joe's picture could just be ..... geeky.

There are a bunch of cuties. All too young, though.

27. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Jun 28, 2007

I wonder how much trouble the 20 year old will get in when she drinks. Maybe they will be able to hide it, but I can't believe based on the past summers that no one will drink and she won't join in. Some of those people look like real jerks, maybe the bully and their tormented leak is true, especially with the hint in the article. Joe does look like Screech from Saved By the Bell.... :eek:

28. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Jun 28, 2007

I just saw the commercial where they were saying people come live in the house AND their worst enemies are in there too!
    This is going to be a good one!

29. frodolass

frodolass Comrade

Jun 28, 2007

I shouldn't form opinons too early (bad frodolass!), but I was basing it on the Today Show seqment where the contestants did a short little interview-type thing. You're right, they are mostly really young.

30. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 28, 2007

I just saw the commercial too! I'm super excited!

31. mojo

mojo Rookie

Jul 1, 2007

Wow - thanks for the links frodolass! Only 4 more days!!! The group really is young isn't it! My first glance of Daniele made me think of Anna Nicole - what a resemblance!
    BMAK - you were right about the crazy blond girl - Janelle - Howie called her Janey - I couldn't take much more of her either Cassie753 - I'm with you - I enjoyed the nerd herd and was glad when Maggie won(it must be the teacher in us)!
    I truly enjoyed Will from the first time he was on and this last season - he lied but he told people he was a liar and a manipulator but yet they all would fall into his trap! That made for great t.v.!

32. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 1, 2007

I loved Will. He was very attractive the first season, too, which was a bonus.