big book easel and whiteboard

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Musicalgator, Aug 1, 2006.

1. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Aug 1, 2006

I'm looking to make a big book easel/whiteboard for my meeting area in my classroom.

Somthing like this: http://www.comfortchannel.com/prod.itml/icOid/3788

I think I've seen them built out of pvc before but I could just be imagining it. I am also undertaking a pocketchart holder out of pvc as well. If anyone has directions for making the easel w/ whiteboard or advice/first hand knowledge of what I need to know. I would greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

3. uclalum

uclalum Groupie

Aug 1, 2006

Wow! I'm not surprised you want to make the Big Book/Easel. Those things are ridiculously expensive! I can't offer you any advice there.

As far as the pocket chart holder goes, I bought a clothes rack from Ross for 11.99. I also bought a double sided one for 16.99. They look almost identical to the ones sold at those education stores and they work great. They come apart for storage really easily too. Your best bet would be to check out Ross, Kmart, Walmart, or a similar store and buy a clothes rack. It will be cheap and I promise you will be happy. If for some strange reason they do not have them, I am positive that they have them at Bed Bath and Beyond (also on their website). The one at BBB is a little more expensive-about 30.00.

4. Mrs. Porter

Mrs. Porter Rookie

Aug 2, 2006

Yesterday a woman was cleaning out her office and was throwing out dry erase boards. I got 2 the same size and I want to make that same easel. I have seen easels at michaels out of wood. But PVC and Wheels might be the way to go. I am going out today to look around too see what ideas I can find. I don't want it to be to difficult. I will let you know soon. Then when I finish it I can post a picture.

5. VegasLibra

VegasLibra Companion

Aug 3, 2006

6. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Aug 3, 2006

Thank you so much!