Big Book Display

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Miss Kirby, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 22, 2007

How do you primary teachers store your big books? Right now they are all shoved between my file cabinets. I have no place to store them! I really want the the kids to be able to read them independently as a center!

I'm thinking about buying this: http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/IW...uniq=2007yr:4mth:22day:12hr:54min:32s:406ms:+ It doesn't look like it takes up a lot of space and it's not too expensive.

I also think this would be really nice but it would take out a big chunk of my budget. http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/IW...uniq=2007yr:4mth:22day:12hr:56min:39s:938ms:+

I saw on someone's website they put them in big tubs. How do you display your big books?

3. Miss_K

Miss_K Rookie

Apr 22, 2007

I don't have too many big books, but I use a gutter to store any over sized books that I have in addition to and books that we read recently so the kids can find them easily. Yes, an actual 10 foot gutter from home depot that cost about $6. It just sits on the floor against the wall and is filled with books that won't fit in the regular library baskets.

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 22, 2007

That's a good idea. I could put it in the space under the white board.

5. JenL

JenL Comrade

Apr 22, 2007

i do like the gutter idea....very clever
    miss kirby...our kindergarten teacher has the big book storage thing...the less expensive one and i am jealous of it...
    i had my kids read my big books at the beginning of the year and they loved them but i had no place to store them and i found the pages come out very easily....
    i would love to be able to repair them does anyone have a similar problem with big books...mine are old.

6. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Apr 22, 2007

I inherited a lot of big books that are very old and used. The pages are falling out too. I haven't used much of them. But I think packaging tape might work.