Bible Verse help!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request Forum' started by MissWull, Feb 15, 2007.

1. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Feb 15, 2007

Hello. I'm currently attending a religous college to get my credential. I absolutely love the people/staff and atmosphere of the school which is why I chose to go there. I was not raised with any religous background, have never been to church, etc. I am not opposed to it, just unaware. Anyhow, a project in a class of mine is to conclude a paper wtih 2 bible verses that connect to teaching. If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them, I would analyze them and bring the personal meaning out once I've read them...but I have no idea where to begin and a jumping off point would be with hearing a bible verse that may mean something to me.

...Thanks in advance. :love:

3. Pipsqueak

Pipsqueak Rookie

Feb 15, 2007

Here is one that I like a lot....it speaks volumes to me.

James 3:1 Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly.

4. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 15, 2007

Go here:

http://www.biblegateway.com

and type "teach" as a keyword into the search box. This site will let you choose among translations, so you can find the one your college favors or you can compare different renditions.

5. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Feb 15, 2007

TeacherGroupie...in all honesty I swear...every subject I go to on this web site you always have a great answer and insight and experience behind it. Thanks so much for all the posts you've made seriously, and I know you've helped way more people than just little ol me! :)

6. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Feb 15, 2007

I labor under the curse of being a know-it-most: it's good to be able to use it to help people rather than getting in trouble for showing off.

You're welcome, MissWull: please pay it forward.