Best Summer Deal Thus Far

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by janlee, Jul 17, 2015.

1. janlee

janlee Devotee

Jul 17, 2015

Macy's had free shipping so I purchased outfits for grandson. Bill was $130.00 but with discounted prices, a $15 off $40 purchase, plus a $25 gift card I paid a whopping $8.00!

3. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 20, 2015

Various clothing from JCPenney for several bucks a piece!

4. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 21, 2015

A purse from bealls outlet for under $4 after 70% and an additional 20% discount.

5. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jul 21, 2015

Do y'all find more deals online or in stores? I need to add to my school wardrobe but lose patience when shopping online and in person!

I need a personal shopper. :rolleyes:

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 21, 2015

teacherintexas, depends on where you shop. I guess there's not much difference, but more so in the stores to me.

7. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Jul 21, 2015

I bought a new set of pajamas at JCPenney...each piece was on sale for $10.99, and I had a $10 off coupon. The saleslady tried to give me a coupon, and I told her I already had one...so she rang them up as separate transactions. I paid a total of $2.14!

8. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jul 22, 2015

I like to shop online through kohls because sometimes to find right sizes for anyone in family. I like them because their return policy so easy. I usually find 30% off codes & others online as well.

9. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jul 22, 2015

I hardly shop anywhere anymore for clothing if I don't have a coupon LOL I'm going to check out Kohl's in a few weeks.

10. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 22, 2015

If you find a great one, send them to NJ. Oh, wait!! I have the greatest sister in the world who knows what I should and will wear better than anyone in the whole world. I will have a package arrive stuffed with goodies, and they always fit, and almost always please. How can I argue with service like that? Once I look at what she sent, I realize that she was matching it up to something else she had sent, so I really haven't shopped much in the last few years. Wow, she has spoiled me! She is the consummate shopper's shopper, the one with all the deals, coupons, and secret codes. Plus, she loves to shop for the ultimate find. Don't know what I would do without her, but since she is about to become a grandma for the first time, I feel my luck may be running out.

Maybe you should send that personal shopper to NJ after all. ;)

11. MsMar

MsMar Fanatic

Jul 22, 2015

$58 for two pair of boots from Famous Footwear that would have been $210 at full price. Daughter needed boots for horseback riding camp next week and it was BOGO half off, they were on clearance, and I had a 20% off coupon. Since I had left the house thinking I'd be spending about $70-$80 on a pair just for her, I was happy to get a pair for each of us at less than I had expected to spend. We had tried a few times earlier this summer to get her boots but hadn't found anything comfy. Let's face it, summer isn't the best time for boots shopping!

I should add I hate buying shoes. I don't enjoy shopping in general, and shoes are about as low on the list as you can get. So besides not spending an arm and a leg, it was nice to find two comfy (and stylish) pairs. I've been wanting stylish boots for a while now to wear with my skinny jeans but have never had any luck. They were always either uncomfortable or a price too high for me to even put on my feet to see if I'd like them. Best of all, daughter (age 13) and I are currently the same shoe size so we can share them. She's usually a half size bigger than me, but the way these boots ran we were both comfy in the same size.

So, not the bargain you guys have had, but still something I was happy with :).

12. DHE

DHE Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2015

A nice maxi dress for $7.99 A $60 pair of capris for $10.99.

13. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Jul 22, 2015

I got 3 pairs of sandals for $100. I'm trying earth origins because I think the cork will make them comfy. I always liked Birkenstocks because of the cork. If you've priced this brand you know I did well. I bought a shirt and jeans at Talbots for $48 total.

14. platypusok

platypusok Companion

Jul 22, 2015

Seriously, JC Penny is the best Not high quality clothes but I was walking through one the other day to get to the rest of the mall and I walked out with a pair of workout pants for 3 dollars and 3 long sleeve shirts for 2 dollars each.

15. MLB711

MLB711 Comrade

Jul 23, 2015

I got a cute utility tote at Target for $4.50 that is my new school bag. I also got some super cute teacher notebooks for $.50 each. They have like Plan, Grade, etc. sections.