Best self tanners?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by lilmisses1014, Mar 24, 2009.

1. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Mar 24, 2009

Hello all,

What self tanners do you use that you find work the best and look the most natural? It's almost time-- at least where I live-- to officially break out the spring clothes and I don't want to blind people. :p

Cost doesn't matter too much, though I'd prefer something that can be purchased at the drugstore.

Thanks!! :)

3. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Mar 24, 2009

I haven't tried Jergen's but they have a line of self tanning lotions.

4. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Mar 24, 2009

I like the Jergen's - you can see the difference after about 4 days. It works well with my skin tone (dead, pasty, sickly white) - I don't turn out orange :)

5. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Mar 24, 2009

Clarins, by far.

6. 1stesl

1stesl Rookie

Mar 24, 2009

I've used Jergen's it's good. I bought Oil of Olay this time...I like it better.

7. lilmisses1014

lilmisses1014 Comrade

Mar 24, 2009

Thanks for the responses!! I have heard excellent things about all three you mentioned. I actually bought Jergen's one year, but I think I either left it at my parents' house or I accidentally threw it away. The smell wasn't the greatest, but I thought it did an okay job the few days I used/had it.

HAH! Your skin tone sounds like mine! :p I do manage to achieve an impressive tan if I'm out in the sun regularly (or the one spring I decided to go to a tanning salon... :whistle:); however, I'm too freaked out about skin cancer and worried about damaging my skin. I vowed after last summer that if I was ever going to tan my skin, I was using self tanners.

8. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Mar 24, 2009

;)the BEST one; I was born with a tan!:D I tend to wear long pants all the time so my 1/8 German blood tries to sneak up on my legs. I use to use the Avon one but it looks orange.:eek: Haven't tried anything else so I need to check out some of the ones mentioned by the other posters.
    Sun & fun should be next,
    Rebel1

Rebel1