Best planner / grade book

Discussion in 'General Education' started by allaragallagher, Jul 31, 2014.

1. allaragallagher

allaragallagher Comrade

Jul 31, 2014

I'm a first year teacher. I printed out a teacher's binder from TpT and I've been using the long term and weekly lesson plan templates and like them. I don't have anything as far as a grade book goes though... or anything for attendance. Where do you buy these? Which are your favorite? I'm hitting the stores tomorrow for some school items and was hoping to find these.

3. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2014

I write pretty big, so I usually make sure the boxes aren't teeny-tiny. You could also make a spreadsheet and print it out. Every online gradebook that I've used also had blank spreadsheets with the students' names already built in that I could print and use.
    It is rare that I use the same method two year in a row! I will be using an Erin Condren planner again this year. It has the wrong year on it- I purchased it for last year, but I taught at three different schools, so I didn't use it. However, they take 6-8 weeks to get since they are custom and hand crafted.

4. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2014

I am a personal fan of online, but if you are subbing, that may be a moot point, as you may not have access to the system. If you are a full time teacher, not a sub, then I would do whatever everyone else is doing. They will LOVE sharing their techniques with you, and it is a great bonding experience.

5. rabyoga

rabyoga Rookie

Jul 31, 2014

For on-line grades, I've used Jupiter Grades for the last few years. Parents may access their child's grades anytime. My parents have really liked this. It is also my grade book- I love it!You can also use Jupiter Grades for attendance and discipline issues. It costs about 50 a year- well worth it.

6. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2014

I saw other info on this, but had not met someone who used it. Thanks for the share!;)

7. CFClassroom

CFClassroom Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2014

I always design my own so that it best meets my needs. You can do this is word, powerpoint, keynote, pages, etc. :) Jodi

8. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2014

I didn't consider online. If your school/district doesn't have an online program, engrade is completely free! (Or at least it was when I used it about 5 years ago.)

9. vickilyn

vickilyn Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2014

If you are going to design your own, you can have it bound at Staples very cheaply, or, of course, keep it in a binder. I think being bound keeps the papers inside the covers better, and I always use better, not cheaper, paper - slightly more durable. There are going to be pros and cons to whatever you choose, and I think the response that no two years are exactly alike is very appropriate.

10. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2014

I use Google Docs for mine. I am also using Google Calendar this year too. My plans are already done, so as I look at them and tweak them I will put them on my Google Calendar. You can also print out GC as well.

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2014

I designed my own using Word. I have all my student information on Excel, so I use mail merge a lot.

12. nyteacher29

nyteacher29 Comrade

Jul 31, 2014

I use planbook . Com it's $12 a year and engrade for grading, it's free and has parent /student access

13. shoebottom

shoebottom Companion

Jul 31, 2014

We have to use els and sams7. I am trying to decide on a paper set from TPT right now. I don't need mine in that great of detail as we have to put into els.