Best place to have resume & cover letter written

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Counz2BLiz, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 7, 2007

http://resumeskc.com/ This is the link for Gerald Hancock, he was in education previous to writing resumes as a business so he knows what they are looking for specifically. He comes highly recommended and he did an incredible job! In fact it has gotten me interviews and "wow's" after it is read including the cover letter. He writes introductory essays you name it and he has a way with words that stands out and gets noticed. I will let you know when I get the job. If any of you have any questions email him or ask me questions, if possible with this board I can post my letter and resume or I can email it on the side. I just though I would share beacuse I was so pleased I found him on the internet, we worked together all via email. He is legitimate. He works with you all along the way. The money it cost me was worth every penny!

Good luck to those job hunting!

Liz

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 7, 2007

Liz, I have spent many hours on my cover letter and resume but I would love to see a copy of yours. You could post it on the website or PM me.

Thanks for the website.

4. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 7, 2007

where do I get your email to send resume to?

Send me an email address and I will send you my resume and cover letter.:angel:

5. Pixiewannabe

Pixiewannabe Comrade

Apr 8, 2007

I would also love to see it. I would like you to send me a personal message, thanks.
    justine

6. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 8, 2007

Thank you Angel! I will send you a private message with my e-mail address.

7. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 8, 2007

If you don't mind me asking, I'm sure others are wondering: could you give us a ballpark price range?

8. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 8, 2007

Pricing on the Resume

I paid a 150.00 deposite and it was $250.00 for 2 pages and then $50.00 a page for more. The cover page was $60.00 my whopping total was $360.00 But worth every penny!:D

9. saybabes

saybabes New Member

Apr 24, 2007

Would you please send me a copy.
    I am very interested and would very much appreciate it.

10. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Apr 24, 2007

Alice... thinking of another career on the side? You'd be wonderful:D

11. Maithal

Maithal Cohort

Apr 24, 2007

Liz! I too am going to be job hunting. Would you be willing to send me your cover letter and resume? If you rather not send me your resume, I'd be so greatful if you could send me your cover letter.

Please PM me when you can!

Thanks so much!

12. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 24, 2007

I will need a personal email and I will send it to you.:)

Liz

13. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Apr 25, 2007

No, Miss Frizz:D (although if there were a way to do it freelance, I certainly would!!!)

And honestly, I think HERE is the best place to write your cover letter & resume-- personally,I think the author should be the person applying for the job (with a little help from friends of course!)

But for those who disagree, I figured the price would be their first question.

14. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Apr 26, 2007

Liz,
    I am hoping against hope that this is not too late. Please, I would love to see your cover letter/resume. I am entering the education field after 20 years as a SAHM and part time office manager.

15. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 26, 2007

Nope, not too late just let me know what your private email address is and I will send the items.

Liz

16. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Apr 26, 2007

Liz, I think maybe pwhatley hasn't logged enough posts to be able to originate a private message; you might want to originate it yourself.

17. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Apr 26, 2007

Thanks, TeacherGroupie -- I have no clue as to how or when I'll be able to, lol.

18. wnt2bAteacher

wnt2bAteacher New Member

Apr 26, 2007

to pwhatley and others

I, too am trying to go into teaching after 2 years as a SAHM. Before that I have done Human Resources and Industrial Engineering work. I also have a degree in Psychology. How's your career change coming along? Can you share some tips? I would appreciate if others can give me pointers as well. Btw, I have passed the CBEST and scheduled to take the CSET in May but I'm absolutely at a lost when it comes to the job hunt. Thanks a lot!

19. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 26, 2007

Teacher Groupie,
    I am not sure I know how to post a message privately, I have only answered them, GO FIGURE huh!? Hopefully he/she will figure it out or ask someone who knows how:)

Liz

20. pwhatley

pwhatley Maven

Apr 26, 2007

Liz,
    I sent you a private message that contained my email address.

Wnt2bAteacher:
    I am about to finish up an alternate certification program. It has been rough, but I have learned so much! I am just now beginning my job search -- hopefully our area is not as tight as some I've read of. I have passed 2 of the 3 Praxis tests for Elementary Education with very high scores, and will take the PLT, or third part this summer. Luckily, I test well. I would say first, if you are in a certification program, check with your instructors/advisor. Next I would contact the school boards for the area in which you wish to teach. I actually heard about the job fair this weekend 2 days ago on the radio! Finally, pray!

21. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

Apr 26, 2007

I think the easiest way to get into the education world is to start subbing and take anything and everything. That was how I got started and my degree is guidance counseling. I am still subbing and will begin a guidance position this fall.

Best of Luck!
    Liz:)

22. teachme

teachme Rookie

May 2, 2007

me too!

I would love to see a copy too :angel: I will PM you my email. Thank you in advance!

Curious, what part of CA or districts are you applying too?

23. luvteach

luvteach New Member

May 2, 2007

Hi Liz,

I am a new member--as of today!. I would truly enjoy viewing your resume and cover letter. Mine are okay, but there is always room to grow

Thanks

24. luvteach

luvteach New Member

May 4, 2007

Have interview in a few days and would love to update my resume and cover letter

Liz,
    I tried sending an email to you earlier this week--hopefully this gets to you. I have a current cover letter and resume that are okay, but I would love to critique it again after seeing a professional one. If you have time could you email me yours. I would truly appreciate it. My email is luvteach161@yahoo.com.

Thanks again

Jul

25. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

May 4, 2007

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner...

The easiest way to send a private message is probably to find a regular message posted by the person to whom you want to send the message. You'll notice that that person's name on their post is in blue. Click on it to open a little menu with options: View Public Profile, Send Email, etc. One of them is "Send a private message to..." Clicking on that will open a new outgoing message on the Private Messages page. Don't forget to supply a subject; the system hates private messages that don't have subjects.

26. Counz2BLiz

Counz2BLiz Rookie

May 4, 2007

I am not sure how to PM you would think after this long I would have learnd. If you don't mind PM me your personal email and I will send you copies.
    Best,
    Liz:)

27. awaxler

awaxler Comrade

May 10, 2007

I am surprised at how much money people are willing to spend on having their resume written for them ($250-$300…ouch!)

Another option is to purchase resume software… Jimmy Sweeney, the same guy who wrote "Top 10 Secrets of the Worlds Greatest Cover Letter" has just come out with a new software program that will help you write your teacher resume...

I just bought the software myself...and plan on going through it over the next few days to see what it is all about, but knowing the quality of Jimmy's work I'm sure it will live up to it's expectations (plus it is guaranteed anyway...so if it is no good, then I get my money back).

Either way…if you are seriously thinking about spending $300 you should at least take a look at what Jimmy has to offer…

You can find out more here:
    http://teaching.amazresume.hop.clickbank.net

--Adam