Best for online shopping

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by silverspoon65, Dec 15, 2009.

1. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2009

Which places have given you really good service when ordering online?

Today I realized I hadn't gotten my Target order because it had been shipped to my old address. I guess it was already saved in there. There were no questions asked, they just said they would give me a refund and I could go ahead and re-order if I still wanted the items. They handled everything else on their end. So I went ahead and re-ordered, and some of the things were now on sale. :)

Last year, one of my packages from Think Geek.com was stolen because Fed-ex left it out in front of my apartment, and after Fed Ex gave me the run around, I called THink Geek, and they told me not to worry about anything, they would handle it on their end, and they replaced everything I ordered and even sent it overnight so I would have it for Christmas.

Any other good customer service stories with ordering online?

3. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 15, 2009

I ordered a small TV from Overstock.com. It arrived pretty quickly, but the extra cables that were supposed to be included were not there. The tv worked fine without them, though, so I wasn't too worried. I emailed overstock, they responded the same day, told me they were searching in the warehouse. They contacted me the next day to say they were uncertain they had the cables, and finally offered me a cash rebate to cover the cost of the cables, if I would accept it. Then they emailed me a customer service survey asking specific questions about how my claim was handled and if I was satisfied.

Now, I have had problems with the quality of merchandise from overstock. But, if an item is damaged, they issue a prepaid shipping label, so you don't pay for the return. Not bad.

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Dec 15, 2009

My hubby loves buy.com. I like the absoluteties.com & footballfanatics & racedirect. I have nothing, but nice things to say about all 3 sites. absoluteties & footballfanatics ship quick & their stuff is nice. I don't have any complaints. Racedirect I talked to the person...so helpful & nice!!! I would recommend any of those sites.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 15, 2009

I love Barnes & Noble, too.

6. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Dec 15, 2009

I have to say I am very impressed with Walmart's online photo department. I ordered my prints on Saturday, a lot of them with different sizes, and they called me yesterday to say they've arrived at the store.

I've also been very impressed with individual sellers on Ebay with the Frontline products I've been buying. I know it's similar but Etsy has some wonderful sellers as well and have been very very happy with my purchases through the vendors at that site.

7. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2009

I love Zappos (shoes). Fast, free delivery, free returns for up to a year.

8. Canadian Gal

Canadian Gal Habitué

Dec 15, 2009

Amazon has treated me like gold. A couple of years ago a package was so called "safe dropped" outside my apartment. It was stolen. A week before Christmas. Since Canada Post and Amazon and my self, couldn't find it, and it was clearly full of gifts, Amazon OVERNIGHTED a new package to where I worked at the time. I was AMAZED.

Walmart Photo Centre has been good to me, as have some Ebay members. Chapters.ca is okay, service wise, oh and I LOVE eastbay.com! Absolute FAVE fashion site online. I ordered a hoodie that I thought would fit my chest (a medium) and it was HUGE! I sent it back and had a small within 10 days.

Another great site is Victoria Secret! I can't find my bra size in store and they get me new bras ASAP