behaviour management for 3rd graders

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by Pencil Monkey, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Pencil Monkey

Pencil Monkey Devotee

Apr 29, 2007

i've been looking through pictures of your classrooms. I'm very curious about the behaviour management systems that I see.

Can you explain to me how you use charting, the stop light system, and anything else you use?

3. dillpickle

dillpickle Rookie

May 1, 2007

I have painted canvasses (thin, hard back ones) hanging in a single row by a ribbon in my room. The first one has "warning"on it. The next one says "lose half of recess". THe next you "lose all recess". The next is a painting of a paddle. The next is a painting of a mad faced principal. I used clothes pins. I buy wooden disks that look like paint droplets and I paint them different colors. I hot glue these to the top of the clothes pins and assign each one a number. Each student is assigned a corresponding number as well. If they break a rule...they move their clip to warning. and so on and so forth. I also send home letters of documentation to document what punishment has been doled out and what the offense was. The parents must sign it and send it back. My discipline strategy has worked wonderfully for me. I love using it. It's colorful and easy for them to see. They know where their clip is at all times of the day and so do I. Oh...if they lose recess they have to do work. They can't just sit there.