Behavior

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by kmazteach8, Mar 6, 2013.

1. kmazteach8

kmazteach8 New Member

Mar 6, 2013

I'm having a tough year. I have very extreme disruptive behavior by about one third of my class. Unfortunately all I do is discipline and I haven't connected with my class. I am a veteran teacher and know all the right things to do yet I can't seem to effect any changes with the severe misbehavior. Is students behavior getting worse or is that jut a cop-out?

3. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Mar 7, 2013

Student behavior has gotten worse over the years, but not drastically from last year to this...

Sometimes you really do just get a handful of students who need to be spread out among the classes and not in one class.

4. RugRats

RugRats Companion

Jun 6, 2013

Hey kmazteach8, I hope you finished out the year okay. I too had a TOUGH year. I have seriously thought about leaving. It was my 12th year of teaching, but felt more like my first. Nothing work, no connections, felt off my game. Right now I am leaning towards giving it one more year.... It's hard to make big decisions coming off a bad year. Just like mopar said, I think sometimes one teacher gets a real handful. I also agree that behavior has gotten a little rose over the years.

I hope your summer reenergizes you and that you have an amazing class next year!!!

We can do it! :)