Behavior program in my class

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by kcarver, Jul 27, 2005.

1. kcarver

kcarver Rookie

Jul 27, 2005

I need some ideas for a behavior management plan in ym new classroom (I'm a new teacher to 1st grade this year) I have heard of the token system and dont really get it but are there any other systems that people have tried and what do u do for misbehavior. I have also heard of the marbles in a jar when its full you get a popcorn party (I like this for an overall class behavior plan) but I need something more individual.

Please help!!! :confused:

3. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Jul 27, 2005

I have seen the traffic light in which all the students start on green and then after two or three warnings (3 stikes your out) they move to yellow (which means that they cannot pick out of fridays treasure box) also gets a note sent home and then after three more warnings they move to red which is bad. (I am planning on asking parents to tell me what they think if fair for a punishment/consequence when they reach red)..... if the kids get in trouble have them move their color themselves...that way they are well aware that they are being moved.

This is my first year as well but this is what my cooperating teacher did and it worked really well.

Ps. What part of virginia are you in?

4. kcarver

kcarver Rookie

Jul 27, 2005

I live in Chesapeake, VA. I like the traffic idea but I was trying to implement something new...I think I will try the marble thing for the whole class and then do something like the traffic...I just cant think of anything else. Where are you from? Did you jsut graduate?

5. mjennings

mjennings Companion

Jul 28, 2005

i just graduated from University of Mary Wasington in fredericksburg, im in that area.