Behavior Charts...

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by loves2teach, Jul 30, 2006.

1. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2006

Hi,

I am working on my behavior chart for next year. I am making a new one because my old one is on the check system, and now I am flipping cards.

So far, it is very basic- All I have put is the days of the weeks in a big grid (so I can write the behavior for the day in each big square), a space for comments and parent/student signatures at the bottom, and that is it.

I am wanting to put abbreviations for common things (to help save time) at the bottom. So far I have though of

RR-Restroom
    HW-Homework
    D-Disrespectful

What am I missing. I hated mine last year because it didn't have enough abbreviations on it - but I guess I should have wrote what I wanted down :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help!!!

3. MissV

MissV Companion

Jul 30, 2006

Maybe an I for Inattentive

4. Texas Gal

Texas Gal Companion

Jul 30, 2006

I put my class rules on the bottom - and they are numbered. Then I write the number of the rule that the student didn't follow. This means the rules have to be a little more specific, though. I have used T for talking, FD for follow directions, and OT for off task.

5. yclark

yclark Comrade

Jul 30, 2006

what about..
    CR classroom
    LR Lunchroom
    LB library
    H Hall

This helped us see a pattern with my son last year that he only lost points when he was out of the classroom. At lunch, in the halls or the restroom.

6. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 30, 2006

Thank you! Keep them coming! I had 1-2 parents who HATED my behavior chart (they said that I wasn't specific enough) So I am trying to fix that for next year.

I appreciate a parents perspective as well!

7. CTteach16

CTteach16 Rookie

Jul 30, 2006

That is a good idea to use the abbreviations. A teacher that I interned with used to keep comments already printed off on labels and she would stick the corresponding label to their planner when they had an "off" day.