Behav. MAnagement

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by USCgrad, Aug 12, 2009.

1. USCgrad

USCgrad Companion

Aug 12, 2009

what do you all do for this grade? I need to implement something new since my other experience is lower grades.....

TIA...

3. iheart5thgrade

iheart5thgrade Comrade

Aug 12, 2009

My kids change classes and each class carries a clipboard with them. When students misbehave, the teacher marks her letter on the clipboard. 3 marks in one week = one visit to break detention; 6 marks in one week = morning or afterschool detention; severe misconduct (fighting, etc) = ISS.

If at the end of the grading period (9 weeks for us), a student has gotten 10 marks or less on the clipboard then they will earn performance bucks. Performance bucks lets them buy homework passes, pass to sit with a friend at lunch, etc, etc.

4. shouldbeasleep

shouldbeasleep Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2009

Same as poster above, only if they sign the book they walk five times around the basketball court outside during recess, and then go play. That means they get about 5 minutes of recess. (So stop acting up, and you won't have to walk.)

We're tough right off the bat. No sass, no acting a fool to get attention. I made a kid sign the book who put his name tag on his head on the second day of school. ("I don't need you to put your name up there. If I have trouble remembering your name out of 65 kids on the second day of school, you don't need to do something immature to catch my attention.")

Rough, I know, but some of these kids think they're funny when they are just being rude. We've got most of the class clowns whipped into shape except one. They can be funny, but they had better learn quickly when it's appropriate and what is appropriate.