Bees!

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by kinderkate, Jun 11, 2009.

1. kinderkate

kinderkate Rookie

Jun 11, 2009

So I've decided that I want my room to Bees for the upcoming year. If anyone has any ideas, suggestions for how to incorporate, or pictures, I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Jun 11, 2009

You can have your class make a bee tree with a cute little bee hive. I so wish I took a picture of it. I'm super bumed. Each kid made a bee along with a speech bubble. They had to write afact in the speech bubble (this was at the end of the school year). To make the bee hive, blow up a balloon, and rub glue all over it. Then, wrap brown yarn around and around and around and around. This is really messy! Then, when the clue is dried, pop the balloon and you've got a bee hive! Oh, and you can cut out a little door.

4. skerns

skerns Companion

Jun 11, 2009

Bees

I made a jar w/a lid out of paper for my bulletin board. I then sponge painted yellow and glittery gold paint all over the inside. Painted the lid silver metallic. The kids each made a bee with their name on it. I used chenilles to make springy coils to attached the bees around the jar of honey. Title "It is Going To "Bee" a Honey of a Year." I also made a bee hive for the door with flowers and a few bees. You can put the children faces on the bees on the door, if you take their pics at orientations and have them ready for first day of school.

5. fun2tchk

fun2tchk Rookie

Jun 11, 2009

I recently came across a a photo of a teacher who made a beehive reading area by using a kids swimming pool that had a canopy type thing over it. She wrapped yellow cloth around it to make it look like a beehive. It was really fantastic and I am not doing it justice trying to describe it!

6. mom2sands

mom2sands Comrade

Jun 11, 2009

I made a "Get Buzzy Reading" bulletin board for the hallway
    and "We've Caught the Reading Bug" for the classroom.

7. MissH225

MissH225 Comrade

Jun 11, 2009

You could do a bulletin board w/student work called "Buzzworthy Work" and for your job board/display "Busy Bees" or "Worker Bees"

8. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jun 12, 2009

I always like the virtue board with sayings like "Bee honest", "Bee respectful", "Bee helpful", "Bee kind", "Bee thoughtful", "Bee thankful", etc.

9. mdith4him

mdith4him Companion

Jun 13, 2009

We had Busy Bee Helpers, a Bee-utiful Work bulletin board (I used ribbon to divide a board into enough squares for each child, then hung their work in their square), and our newsletter was the Weekly Buzz. I made curtains for the room (the short kind). They were black and I bought a bee stencil and yellow and white paint. I sponge painted the body part yellow and did white for the wings. They turned out really cute! I also bought fabric with different bee patterns to cover the bulletin boards.

10. kinderkate

kinderkate Rookie

Jun 14, 2009

Thank you!

Thank you all for the great ideas!! Keep em coming!! :)

11. TeacherGrl7

TeacherGrl7 Devotee

Jun 16, 2009

I LOVE my bee theme! I do "Busy Bee" jobs, bees on the name plates, bees on their cubby nametags. I also use BEE books (Bring Everything Everyday) that have bee clipart on all of their labels inside. They get the "Weekly Buzz" newsletter every Friday. I have bee stuffed animals and decorations around the room (most from kids). I don't go too crazy with it, just add bees in anywhere I happen to come across them. My kids know that I love bees, it's very cute to hear them talk about!

12. mendoza08

mendoza08 Rookie

Jun 18, 2009

Great ideas! i am doing bees too this year. i might not have individual helpers just one each day queen bee or king bee each day. i want to do the bee books too but need ideas for kinder. I dont want it to bee too much. I know i want to have a bee-havior chart. any other ideas?

13. 4myclass

4myclass Cohort

Jun 18, 2009

Hey, I don't know if your interested, but I found some bee stuff on ebay. I was looking for bulletin board stuff and there was a couple of items concerning bees.

14. wcvetwife

wcvetwife Rookie

Jun 18, 2009

The room I moved into had a huge bee theme. The teacher had a mural painted on the wall of a huge beehive and roses & bees were stenciled around the room.