Been a busy hiring season

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by andstuff, Apr 23, 2015.

1. andstuff

andstuff Rookie

Apr 23, 2015

So this year I have been on 4 interviews. First one I flew 800 miles each way and drove a total of 450 miles in 1 day. Seemed promising but they went with someone with coaching experience. This one kind of left a bad taste in my mouth how it went about. But it was a learning experience and I am very careful of applying out of state now.

Getting a new endorsement in science was a good idea. I had 3 interviews in the last 2 weeks and all for science. First one I don't expect to get a call from, the principal was very hard to read. I would love to teach at the school, but the principal didn't give off an inviting atmosphere. (could have just been a bad day or his serious interview tone)

2nd interview went great and I got a tour of the school met the superintendent and the janitors that were still in the building. Small school in a town of 500, and the principal was a good guy and we meshed well. It felt like I either got the job or it was a filler interview and they needed to interview a few people before taking the person to the board. They called and gave the position to a former student.

Last interview was today and it was a good interview. Wasn't simply 20 questions and answers and leave. I answered a few of the usual questions (teaching style/ classroom management) Then I toured the school and went into every class, regardless if there was a lesson going on. I was introduced to every teacher and I got a good feel for the school.

Lasted about an hour and a half and I feel like I would fit in great and it's a good place to start and finish my career. Principal said I will be getting the call next week either way. I feel pretty confident that I could get this job. *fingers crossed*

3. Toy_03

Toy_03 Companion

Apr 23, 2015

Im really happy that you had some good interviews. Its so hard finding a good school. I just got back from an awful interview and now even worst part is that I need to tell my principal so that the other school can call.

4. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Apr 23, 2015

Sounds promising! Fingers crossed.