bee theme

Discussion in 'Elementary Education Archives' started by kem, Jul 8, 2007.

1. kem

kem Companion

Jul 8, 2007

My college friends and I have been collecting bee things for years, and now I'm excited to start a bee theme in my first classroom : ) I know that there are a few of you out there who have this theme, so I'm looking for ideas, cute sayings and pictures. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

3. cb4pebbles

cb4pebbles Companion

Jul 8, 2007

Bee-utiful Work (bulletin board)
    Fabulous Bee-ginnings (for writing or for the beginning of the year)
    Buzzworthy News (newsletter)
    Good Bee-havior (behavior chart)

4. Youngteacher226

Youngteacher226 Enthusiast

Jul 8, 2007

"Caught Bee-ing Good" certificates/rewards
    or a "Caught-Bee-ing Good" bulletin board

5. rdrbee

rdrbee Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

"BEE" A READER (motivational bulletin board to encourage reading for pleasure)

6. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 9, 2007

Bee-utiful Work is my student work wall.
    I give my kids Bee a Reader bookmarks.
    We have a Caught Bee-ing Good system where they write their name on a bee cut out and put it in a bug catcher if they are being good. I take out a few every week for a prize from the treasure chest. I also have posters from Frog Street Press you may want to look into!
    Student of the week is our "Bee of the Week."
    For a while I wore bee antennea during guided reading so students knew they couldn't bug me unless it was one of the 3 B's - bleeding, barfing, or bathroom.
    I also had some garden things in my room too. We had a "reading garden" themed classroom library with a bug tent and bee and ladybug beanbags. I use watering cans with little bees on them as pencil holders.
    Word wall is called "Buzz Words." I bought the first grade word wall kit, but made my own letters with bee cut outs,and flowers for vowels.
    I'll let you know if I can think of anything else.

7. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

Jul 9, 2007

Buzz On In on the door!

8. loves2teach

loves2teach Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2007

I have thought about having "What is the Buzzzz" on my calendar/student info board. Does that make sense? I hope it does :)

9. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2007

I love the Bees! I'm in a k-8 building teaching 4th....can I get away with it? Bee Honest!!!

10. LuvTchng

LuvTchng Companion

Jul 9, 2007

Of Course you can!! I taught 4th grade three years with a bee theme. I loved it and the kids did, too. I only changed my theme because I got married and my last name changed so they could no longer be Ms. Bailey's Busy Bees.

11. WindyCityGal606

WindyCityGal606 Enthusiast

Jul 9, 2007

Thanks!!

Love2teach...you could put up Buzz Worthy News, Events, and Important Dates!!

12. camcdade

camcdade Comrade

Jul 9, 2007

I always do a "bee" themed board at the beginning of the year about having good character. "Bee" respectful, "Bee" trustworthy, "Bee" fair, etc. I have some little bee cards that kids get to sign their name to and hang around the board when they are caught showing one of these good traits.

13. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 9, 2007

I taught third grade for 2 years with a bee theme. I have the set of character ed posters that you referred to camcdade. One of my favorite gifts (you will get every bee-themed gift available on the planet, believe me) was a teddy bear dressed as a bee that talked when you pressed him. He was too cute.

I made my own Busy Bee tickets to use for behavior.

I still use a yellow Bee happy matted print on my wall every year, and I have a pencil with a wiggly bee on the top that cheers me up.

14. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Jul 9, 2007

I use bees and different color hives for my behavior chart. When they break the rules they have to move their bee.

I've also done student of the week as Queen or King Bee. I've got some bee sunglasses and antennas that they can wear.

I've done bulletin boards with "Buzzing about.....first grade.....great behavior.....learning etc....

I have a stuffed bee that we pass around if I need kids to do something one at a time (sign a card, take a book test, etc.) When the bee is placed on their desk then it is their turn.

This year I want to find a white or yellow net canopy (like that go over little girl's beds) and hang it over my reading center to look like a hive.

15. kellybb31

kellybb31 New Member

Jul 9, 2007

I have used the bee theme for a few years-I just keep expanding on it and I have gotten so many neat things to use in my classroom. I use the B.E.E. (moose) books for family communication, I have a king/queen bee for my student of the week, I love this the most! I make crowns for my kids to wear when it is their week to be king or queen bee. If you are interested in finding out how to purchase one, just send me an email to kellybrown@carolina.rr.com

I have made these for many teachers for the birthdays, star student themes, etc. Have a great day! Kelly

16. 3Teacher

3Teacher New Member

Jul 9, 2007

Is the B.E.E Book the Bring Everyting Everyday folder? This is the folder that they take home everyday with important stuff? I amdoing the bee theme this year!

17. Irissa

Irissa Cohort

Jul 9, 2007

Bee- Prompt
    Bee- Prepared
    Bee- Polite
    Bee- Patient
    Bee- Productive
    Bee- Positive

18. kellybb31

kellybb31 New Member

Jul 9, 2007

Yes, that is the book that I use....I make a notebook though for my students. If you search online for M.O.O.S.E. books, I am sure you will get a whole lot of sites to visit. My B.E.E. books stand for Bring Everything Everyday.
    HTH Kelly