bean bags and pillows

Discussion in 'General Education' started by clld2tch, Aug 7, 2008.

1. clld2tch

clld2tch Rookie

Aug 7, 2008

So I want my reading center to be kind of relaxed and inviting for when kids read on their own. I would love to have a couple of bean bags, but I also thought about getting a few pillows or 1 or 2 body pillows...just something so they don't have to sit on the hard floor.

When I student taught last year, one of the students had lice at least once a month. Is there any way that I can prevent it from spreading in case someone gets it? Or should I stay away from the pillows and beanbags all together? I figured that vinyl might be okay but who knows...:confused:

3. mrs_u

mrs_u Rookie

Aug 9, 2008

i use folding chairs...walgreens usually has them for 50% off right around this time. i paid $2.50 each for 4 chairs! they are the adult size, not the tiny kids size. i think the beanbags are cool but you have the kids poking holes in them AND they take up too much space.

have a great schoolyear!

4. km51571

km51571 Companion

Aug 9, 2008

big lots has big body pillows and beanbag chairs for $11-13 each

5. teacherpippi

teacherpippi Habitué

Aug 9, 2008

You can go to a carpet store and see if they have carpet samples- a lot of times, they give them away free to teachers! They can easily be steam cleaned- especially if you can a custodian who will do it at the same time as the carpets in your room!