Be thankful if you have a job...

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TennisPlayer, Jan 5, 2009.

1. TennisPlayer

TennisPlayer Cohort

Jan 5, 2009

I know there are a lot of people on here who are/were dreading to go back this week but there are a few on here without jobs for various reasons so just be thankful for your job. :) I hope you have a great week!

3. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Jan 5, 2009

Thanks! I love my job and am definitely thankful I have one right now! Today was a great, but exhausting day!

I wish good luck to those still searching! :)

4. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jan 6, 2009

You're so right! As stressed as I am right now, I've always got the economy in the back of my mind. I can't imagine how scary it is to be jobless right now. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I am....

5. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Jan 6, 2009

good point. even though i tossed and turned all last night dreading going back to work, it's still better than being unemployed or have the fear that i could lose my job anyday.

my dad's a doctor who has been at his company over 15 years, but because he takes his time and actually CARES about his patients instead of getting them in and out in the "recommended" 10 minute window, they have put him on probation.

My Mom said that means that he could get fired anyday now. Dad's really scared and worried.

So, yes, even though it's hard for me to get up most school mornings, I am thankful :)