BB fabric

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by I want to TEACH, Jul 8, 2007.

1. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 8, 2007

Will the jersey/t-shirt material work well for bulletin board fabric? I heard that it is easy to use since it is a little stretchy. Has anyone ever used it before?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jul 8, 2007

I thought it stretched too much, and it tended to pick with repeated stapling. I've got a heavy cotton on one board and cotton/poly blenc on the other two.

4. IowaLA

IowaLA Rookie

Jul 8, 2007

I posted this idea on another thread, but using a cotton flat sheet works really well and is often times a lot cheaper than buying fabric by the yard. Some others suggested using tablecloths, fabric or vinyl, and picked them up at stores for around $2.

5. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jul 8, 2007

I love the jersey fabric. That's the only kind I will buy. It never wrinkles and it holds up well.

6. Ms.Jasztal

Ms.Jasztal Maven

Jul 8, 2007

I've never used it personally, but I know it works because I've seen it on many boards. I use patterned fabrics from the craft store (or ok, Wal-Mart :)).

7. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jul 9, 2007

I don't like the "pilly" look that jersey can develop over time. I love the bright cottons. I had a 50% off coupon at Joann's and just treated myself to a luscious blue for one of my boards.

8. I want to TEACH

I want to TEACH Companion

Jul 9, 2007

I put my boards up today & the jersey fabric looks GREAT!!! Thanks for all your advice and help!!:)