Bay Area, CA, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 4, 2009

So I've seen a lot of posts lately lamenting the dating scene. So I'm here to save the day for one lucky lady.

One of my husband's best friends is Abe. Abe is hot. In fact, I often joke that if I had met Abe first, dh would have had to work a lot harder to get me. Anyhow, he's still single. He's hot, he's an engineer with a duel drama degree, he's worked for NASA, he's hilarious, he's a snappy dresser and he has the cutest Lab, Lucy, in the world. He's a CATCH.

And he'll be in the Bachelor Auction tonight, a fundraiser for Team in Training. So if you're in the Bay Area (CA) and want to come on down, PM me and we can meet up and I can introduce you and you can bid on him and go on an awesome date and get married. Think of your bid as 3 months worth of eHarmony payments. ;)

Here's the website. His profile is on there. It's a bit corny-I don't think he wrote it.

http://www.triteamindating.com/Home.html

3. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Apr 4, 2009

I sent the link to my daughter in San Jose. I'm sure all I'll get back is rolled eyes, but he looks like a great guy!

4. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 4, 2009

Did I mention his father is a neurosurgeon and he comes from $$$$?

Dh told me I could bid if I want, but I wouldn't want to deprive him from a real date. Besides, we're all having dinner first, so that should be enough.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Apr 4, 2009

Enough what?

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 4, 2009

Haha-time with him. I could never spend 1-on-1 time with a guy outside of dh, even with permission, so a group dinner beforehand is enough time with him, with dh. I may admire, but that's it.

7. bonneb

bonneb Fanatic

Apr 4, 2009

Jem - You are a smart woman! Enjoy from afar! I never spend one-on-one time with male friends either. In fact, my male friends are very very few and I think of them as brothers. My DH and I have an agreement - we have close friends of the same sex and don't spend time alone with someone of the opposite sex.

8. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Apr 5, 2009

Update: Abe went for $450! He was the highest costing male at the time we left. He went fast, too! There was some pro-athlete dude who I totally thought would bring in the most, but the girls must have read his profile and realized what a tool he was (What are girls most surprised to find out about you? 'I'm not a jerk'. What was your best vacation? 'Vegas, baby!' Blech!)

I'll post a link to a video of the bidding war once I get it up. It's pretty amusing. Two girls went for $1,000 each, which was a little weird. We agreed that when it gets higher than $500, it's a bit too close to prostitution for our liking. All the money supports Team in Training/cancer research, but still. Weird.

But the weirdest thing is that Abe really wanted to bid on one of the girls who was in the auction, but she was one of the $1,000 girls, and he is more sane that that. And guess who ended up winning him? YEP! The $1,000 girl! We told he just saved himself a LOT of money by being in that auction! HA!

9. Superteacher81

Superteacher81 Comrade

Apr 5, 2009

OH, too bad Abe isn't in North Carolina! I'm still single and looking...know anyone in NC? LOL! I couldn't have afforded the $450 anyway!