Bathroom Theme?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Jan 13, 2013.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 13, 2013

I just removed the final few Christmas things out of the bathroom (this is the one that guests & my kids use) and I was wondering if anyone did a theme in their bathroom?
    Mine is back to a "beach" theme - I really don't have many items, but the colors are a deep beige and white. Just a few seashells here and there.
    How about you all?

3. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Jan 13, 2013

Mine is soooo tacky! ;) It was my first house and the first time I ever got to "design" a room. The walls are a dark pink with hibiscus stencils in light blue and I have pics the are very Hawaiian-esque. Even the shower curtain matched with a palm tree motif. I was very proud of myself when I originally did it, but over the years I realized it's a little over the top.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 13, 2013

In my daughter/guest bathroom, the walls were green when we bought the house. We didn't change the color. There is a color theme in there with a shower curtain that has blues, grays, and purples in it. Our master bath is blue with some brown accents here and there.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jan 13, 2013

The fixtures, floor, tile, and trim are bright white. The walls are bright blue that reminds my of clear tropical ocean water. Accessories are blue and bright yellow. Window curtains re blue, yellow, and white plaid.

I have rugs and towels in white and yellow. I rotate them. I have three shower curtains. One matches the curtains, one is white with rubber ducks, and one has daisies.

I get bored with one thing, so I have several different mix & match options in the same color scheme. I have a few rubber ducks in there,too.

6. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jan 13, 2013

One of my baths has a few shells in beautiful glass containers and on the windowsill, but not an overall theme. The walls in that bathroom are all mirrors:eek:hmy: so there's nothing on the walls.

We just papered our main bath...again, no theme. Just a cool minty green color, white pedestal sink...planning on putting in a faux tin ceiling and floating shelves on which I'll put a few black and white photos, candles.

1/2 bath on main floor has an old timey pull chain toilet, wainscoting, faux finish wallpaper in a deep red, a stained glass window...no theme. Just pretty.

I love color and decorating, but I'm definitely not theme oriented in any of my rooms.

BTW.. From the title of your post I thought you were doing a bathroom hygiene unit in your classroom.:lol::haha::D

7. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Jan 13, 2013

The kid bathroom was yellow rubber ducky and is now zoo animals.

The master bath is just deep red and gold.

8. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 13, 2013

I always seemed to do a beachy/fish theme for my bathroom too, but after years of having that, I'm tired of it. When I moved into my apt this past summer,
    I got a fresh, deep jewel-toned floral theme. I found the bathroom items at Bed Bath & Beyond.

9. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jan 14, 2013

:lol::lol:Every time I read the thread title, I think of all the posts in the summer about classroom decorating themes. No...don't do a Bathroom Theme for your classroom.:lol::lol:

Like the others, I tend to decorate with colour rather than theme.

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jan 14, 2013

Mine are more color, too.

I guess one could be considered a theme...very feminine with greens and pinks. The accents came from Michael's such as a pink tray, glass canisters with French/floral labels, a metal bucket for hair products. The two others are colors only.

At my apartment before building, I had a beachy lighthouse theme. It was actually pretty cute without being over the top considering it all came from Dollar General! :)

11. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jan 18, 2013

One of my bathrooms is all decorated in Tennessee orange and white--see avatar :) The other one is in giraffes and jungle prints. I've also done a lighthouse theme.

12. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Jan 18, 2013

We have a palm tree theme right now. I was thinking of changing it soon but we just painted the walls to match that theme so I would have to find something that would go with the color. Also, I really like my palm tree clock so I'm not sure I'm ready to get rid of that yet.

13. Ms B IL

Ms B IL Rookie

Jan 18, 2013

I'm working on "theming" my bathroom right now. I think it is the cheapest and easiest room to make look nice in my new apartment. Around the windows is a dark brown trim and brown curtains were already hanging in here. I'm adding to the brown with some light and dark greens. I'm going to put up some sort of tree art on the wall and maybe find some matching accessories (soap pump and other little things).

14. Rabbitt

Rabbitt Connoisseur

Jan 18, 2013

I have photos of my young sons in the bathtub.

15. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Jan 19, 2013

A theme ? In a bathroom? What am I missing? I go in the bathroom for only two reasons to bathe and to relieve myself, not stay and admire the scenery.

If I were to theme my bathroom I'd throw sawdust on the floor and hang tools on the wall LOL.
    :lol::toofunny:

16. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jan 19, 2013

My neighbor had a One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish bathroom and it was awesome!

Ours now is just white. With some really fancy colorful shower curtains I made :)

17. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Jan 19, 2013

Some of you guys need to post pictures! I'm following this thread since I'll be buying my first house this year :)

Right now my bathroom in the apartment is grey, deep purple, and white.

18. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Jan 19, 2013

My master bathroom is painted (one wall) deep purple and the other walls are grey. LOVE it! My shower curtain is purple with grey flowers. My bedroom is green, back and white so I accent in my bathroom with green and white.

19. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Jan 22, 2013

20. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jan 22, 2013

At one house we lived in, the bathroom was done up with a wallpaper border of outhouses... it was unique for sure!

21. Miss84

Miss84 Comrade

Jan 22, 2013

I have this "girly" type paris/london theme going on in my bathroom. The main colors are pink/black and grey. I found this set at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it was too cute too pass up! (my shower curtain even has pearls on it :).

22. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Jan 22, 2013

My dh just finished adding a partial bathroom & full closet. I got inspired on a piece of furniture I found for the closet and so my theme is beachy with some bling. Here's one pic of an area I'm trying to set up. http://[​IMG]